The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Making friends is easy. Living in London gives you the best of everything. Accomodation and going out can obviously be expensive, but if you're lucky you will hardly need to use public transport. I walk to all my lectures and unless there is a specific place I want to go to thats miles away, I'll walk. In fact, I've been loads of places but I've only used public transport twice in a month!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
You'll make lots of friends, you'll have enough money, and you'll love it.

Apply, now. :smile:
Reply 3
King's is quite spread out, but you will probably only be based at one campus. I don't really see what that has to do with making friends anyway: you'll meet them where you're living, on your course, any societies you join...

Central London at least is really quite small, so unless you're lazy (or living in some ungodly place like Hampstead), you won't need to spend much on transport. Of course, it can be expensive, but it's really as expensive as you make it.
Reply 4
Even if you're really excruciatingly lazy and want to get the tube absolutely everywhere (like myself) ... it doesn't work out to be too expensive.

Then again if you walk absolutely everywhere (Feelthesunshine..) then you'll probably have a few more pennies to spare each week.. :smile:
Reply 5
i dont go to KCL (yet, hopefully though) but living in london is top. :smile:
Reply 6
gringalet
King's is quite spread out, but you will probably only be based at one campus. I don't really see what that has to do with making friends anyway: you'll meet them where you're living, on your course, any societies you join...

Central London at least is really quite small, so unless you're lazy (or living in some ungodly place like Hampstead), you won't need to spend much on transport. Of course, it can be expensive, but it's really as expensive as you make it.

Yeah, Hampstead is ungodly. It has no Gods.
Dreama
Even if you're really excruciatingly lazy and want to get the tube absolutely everywhere (like myself) ... it doesn't work out to be too expensive.

Then again if you walk absolutely everywhere (Feelthesunshine..) then you'll probably have a few more pennies to spare each week.. :smile:
So you can't get the train to come and recreate that cheesy "close your eyes Rose.. give me your hands... okay, step up... come Josephine, in my flying machine" scene from Titanic on my magnificent windowsills in my bedroom any more? :wink:
Reply 8
^ Careful.

I hope you're keeping an eye on my bedroom whilst I'm away.... :smile:
Reply 9
HTale

'xactly, bruv!
Reply 10
Friends is no problem, and u meet people from here, met 'wild thing' at Phase last night xD
Dreama
^ Careful. I hope you're keeping an eye on my bedroom whilst I'm away....
Of course, my dear - haven't set foot in that room for ages. Why go when I make you come
HTale
[read with German accent]At the hospital radio station I work at, bar the one power failure a month ago, we hardly ever run out of Juice. [ok, back to normal now] Hence when we all gave each other pet names in Hebrew, I was named "Adonai" - how quaint! So Hampstead - lemme at it!
Conz
Friends is no problem, and u meet people from here, met 'wild thing' at Phase last night xD
Me too, my friend - just not wildthing - we've already met on more than one occasion. We did had a quick chat though, but I ejected as soon as I realised she was too drunk to think/remember - tut WT. I'm glad I did, met lots of potentially fascinating young women. C'est not the most productive night ever, but encouraging for 4 hours.
“The jury… may in the sworn twelve have a thief or two guiltier than him they try.”

Ive got to get me some of what Shakespeare was in. He sounds like he was ian constant dribbly mess.
Reply 13
Phonicsdude
“The jury… may in the sworn twelve have a thief or two guiltier than him they try.”

Ive got to get me some of what Shakespeare was in. He sounds like he was ian constant dribbly mess.

Aw, I love Shakey :smile:
Reply 14
cheesecakebobby
Making friends is easy. Living in London gives you the best of everything. Accomodation and going out can obviously be expensive, but if you're lucky you will hardly need to use public transport. I walk to all my lectures and unless there is a specific place I want to go to thats miles away, I'll walk. In fact, I've been loads of places but I've only used public transport twice in a month!

Yeah you've only been on it twice cus you're a cheap bastard..... admit it.... shalom
HTale

Hampstead's the best...I don't know anyone on the campus who would swap places if they could :smile:
--------------
Conz

It took me ages to work out it was you though...I had talked to you before but I just wasnt sure if it was your or not....but then under the effects of alcohol I thought I'd ask :p: :biggrin:
--------------
feelthesunshine
!Me too, my friend - just not wildthing - we've already met on more than one occasion. We did had a quick chat though, but I ejected as soon as I realised she was too drunk to think/remember - tut WT. I'm glad I did, met lots of potentially fascinating young women. C'est not the most productive night ever, but encouraging for 4 hours.

I dont remember meeting you on the first time but at that night at Ministry of Sound I remember every word :smile: and I wasnt drunk that night :angel: It's nice bumping into you :smile:
matt4504
Yeah you've only been on it twice cus you're a cheap bastard..... admit it.... shalom

I'm a cheap bastard yet I've been on your mum more than twice.

SHALOM!
cheesecakebobby
I'm a cheap bastard yet I've been on your mum more than twice.

SHALOM!

At least you admit it.
gringalet
At least you admit it.

Just cos I refused to pay you last night.
cheesecakebobby
Just cos I refused to pay you last night.

Yeah, that's why all services are terminated now.

Latest