The Student Room Group

Placement/industry year in London?

I would like some advice about whether it is a good idea to move to London for my placement/industry year as part of my degree. I don't live in London and I don't have any connections for accommodation so I will have to find somewhere to live and pay for rent using my salary. So does anyone recommend doing this? Most opportunities are in London so I will be restricting the applications I can make if I don't live in London. Any advice from someone who has made this decision before would be appreciated. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
What sort of job and what might the salary be like?
Reply 2
Original post by AzureWiggling
I would like some advice about whether it is a good idea to move to London for my placement/industry year as part of my degree. I don't live in London and I don't have any connections for accommodation so I will have to find somewhere to live and pay for rent using my salary. So does anyone recommend doing this? Most opportunities are in London so I will be restricting the applications I can make if I don't live in London. Any advice from someone who has made this decision before would be appreciated. Thanks :smile:

What degree are you doing?
Comp sci can range with the average not going beyond £20K, though the highest ones will £60K+ for fintech.

I should add anything less than £30K in London is not comfortable living with even shared accommodation looking £800+ pm
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending