The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
skd180
Well I think at certain universities you can transfer at the end of first year onto the medicine course should you be doing suitably well. Biomed and medicine tend to share common first years so that would make sense.

you get picked don't you? ....And only the best will get chosen, which is a small minority
gordon2002
I did, well I still do (I think). I know competition is so intense, therefore I'm going to apply for pharmacy this year, and if I get good enough results, then I'll drop the pharmacy offer, apply for medicine and do a useful gap (medical work experience abroad for 6months).

So because I'll be applying with my actual grades, I'll have an upper advantage in the selection process- some universities would give offers even without an interview. Plus, I'll be doing something constructive with my gap year, you see, I have this all planned out (I hope).

I'm glad you've taken a good interest in me!!
How about you? Are you still going for medicine?

That sounds like a good plan.

I'm planning on applying for science courses this year and then considering whether to take a gap year and apply for medicine. I didn't have enough work experience this year really so I knew I wouldn't have a chance. Plus i'm still not totally sure about it! :s
-Emmz-
Like Stevo (with the many e's :wink: said) it's not gonna work like that. You'll still have a chance at a place. I just liked the fact I'd got all my offers back before Christmas so I didn't have to faff around last minute (but if you do yours mid november you won't be last minute either :smile:)

YES! I got a mention :biggrin:
Reply 23
stratomaster
That sounds like a good plan.

I'm planning on applying for science courses this year and then considering whether to take a gap year and apply for medicine. I didn't have enough work experience this year really so I knew I wouldn't have a chance. Plus i'm still not totally sure about it! :s

yeah, that was one of my other reasons- my work shadowing/experience wasn't sufficient enough, although I did make it sound like it was (on my me ps which I deceided my to use).
--------------
Steeeeevo
YES! I got a mention :biggrin:

you've spelt 'status' wrong on your signature, just thought I'd mention that to you :smile:
Have you written a personal statement yet? I've got to go in on monday to hand it in :mad:
you've spelt 'status' wrong on your signature, just thought I'd mention that to you :smile:

What do you mean.... its meant to say staus :wink:
Reply 26
stratomaster
Have you written a personal statement yet? I've got to go in on monday to hand it in :mad:

no, I'm going to get done up the batty hole. I'll do it this half-term (I hope)
--------------
Steeeeevo
What do you mean.... its meant to say staus :wink:

what does staus mean? :confused:
gordon2002

what does staus mean? :confused:

errrrrrr its like status........ but errr....... Latin! yeah Latin that will do :biggrin:
Reply 28
Steeeeevo
errrrrrr its like status........ but errr....... Latin! yeah Latin that will do :biggrin:

ok......

Latest

Trending

Trending