The Student Room Group

glasgow university common law

Heyyy ,

im a year 13 student and I applied to glasgow for common law with AAA , I was just wondering what my chances of getting an offer were! im confused cause some say that glasgow has almost a 70% offer rate but im not sure if thats applies for common law HELP
Original post by spam44
Heyyy ,

im a year 13 student and I applied to glasgow for common law with AAA , I was just wondering what my chances of getting an offer were! im confused cause some say that glasgow has almost a 70% offer rate but im not sure if thats applies for common law HELP

Hey I applied back in october and got an offer late november. I think the percent is closer to 50% (i might be totally wrong). You can check their website for latest stats.
Reply 2
Original post by nosleepyescoffee
Hey I applied back in october and got an offer late november. I think the percent is closer to 50% (i might be totally wrong). You can check their website for latest stats.

heyyy did you apply with AAA?
Original post by spam44
heyyy did you apply with AAA?

as in predicted? no i applied with 3A*s but the offer was AAA
Reply 4
as in predicted? no i applied with 3A*s but the offer was AAA

Hhaha ok ok so your chances of getting in were a lot higher than mine. do you know if common law if a popular course ? I tried to look around but theres no actual sources that have helped me so far. Im trying to figure out my chances of getting in lmao
Original post by spam44
Hhaha ok ok so your chances of getting in were a lot higher than mine. do you know if common law if a popular course ? I tried to look around but theres no actual sources that have helped me so far. Im trying to figure out my chances of getting in lmao

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/805228/response/1917959/attach/3/20211118%20Response%20to%20applicant%20F1210314.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

this is the stats i found… hope this helps :smile:

tbf i don’t think having higher grades gives you an extra chance as long as u meet the requirements
Reply 6
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/805228/response/1917959/attach/3/20211118%20Response%20to%20applicant%20F1210314.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

this is the stats i found… hope this helps :smile:

tbf i don’t think having higher grades gives you an extra chance as long as u meet the requirements

Thank you so much this is really helpful !! SO theres roughly a 55% offer rates for common law , let's hope I get in then. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP
Original post by spam44
Thank you so much this is really helpful !! SO theres roughly a 55% offer rates for common law , let's hope I get in then. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

no problem! good luck, hope u get an offer. where else did u apply?
Hi, I just got a conditional offer today from Glasgow for common law! The offer was AAA but aside from that, it stated ‘LNAT score that meets acceptable minimum score threshold, which will be determined after the UCAS Equal Consideration deadline on 31 January 2024’ Does anyone happen to know what does that mean exactly? As I have already taken the LNAT, does that mean my LNAT was fine and as long as I can get AAA, my place can be secured? Or does that mean Glasgow hasn’t received my LNAT score yet, and they may recall my offer if my LNAT score was bad? thank you so much😭😭😭
Original post by Jenna Hansley
Hi, I just got a conditional offer today from Glasgow for common law! The offer was AAA but aside from that, it stated ‘LNAT score that meets acceptable minimum score threshold, which will be determined after the UCAS Equal Consideration deadline on 31 January 2024’ Does anyone happen to know what does that mean exactly? As I have already taken the LNAT, does that mean my LNAT was fine and as long as I can get AAA, my place can be secured? Or does that mean Glasgow hasn’t received my LNAT score yet, and they may recall my offer if my LNAT score was bad? thank you so much😭😭😭

Hey, THATS GREAT NEWS WELL DONE!!!! My offer initially said the same thing but without ‘this will be determined after equal consideration’ and a few days later when lnat scores were sent to unis they edited my offer so it was no longer part of my conditions.

Im not completely sure what yours means but I would say if they didn’t think your lnat score would be up to par they wouldn’t have given you an offer in the first place so i wouldn’t worry too much as they will have given you an offer for a reason. They already have your score so must just want to compare to the rest of the cohort. Don’t over think it, it probably wont mean anything
Hii, my stats are:

Predicted: AAA
GCSEs: 7776665
LNAT: Sat on the 27th of November, I think the essay went quite well (wrote 740 words)

Do you think I'm likely to receive an offer??

Hey, THATS GREAT NEWS WELL DONE!!!! My offer initially said the same thing but without ‘this will be determined after equal consideration’ and a few days later when lnat scores were sent to unis they edited my offer so it was no longer part of my conditions.

Im not completely sure what yours means but I would say if they didn’t think your lnat score would be up to par they wouldn’t have given you an offer in the first place so i wouldn’t worry too much as they will have given you an offer for a reason. They already have your score so must just want to compare to the rest of the cohort. Don’t over think it, it probably wont mean anything

omg, thank you so much for that!! I was literally so worried about the lnat thing because I was originally so excited about the offer but I’m also very scared they might call back my offer if my lnat score turns out to be bad. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH <3😭🫶🏻
omg, thank you so much for that!! I was literally so worried about the lnat thing because I was originally so excited about the offer but I’m also very scared they might call back my offer if my lnat score turns out to be bad. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH <3😭🫶🏻

No worries!! Im sure it will all be fine. where else did you apply?
Original post by elizibeththe1st
Hii, my stats are:

Predicted: AAA
GCSEs: 7776665
LNAT: Sat on the 27th of November, I think the essay went quite well (wrote 740 words)

Do you think I'm likely to receive an offer??

I don’t see why you wouldn’t based on those grades but it’s also super dependent on personal statement, reference and obvs your lnat MCQ score. Good luck!!!

No worries!! Im sure it will all be fine. where else did you apply?

I also applied to UCL, Manchester, Warwick and Durham for common law! But I haven’t heard back from any of them yet:frown: What about you?
I also applied to UCL, Manchester, Warwick and Durham for common law! But I haven’t heard back from any of them yet:frown: What about you?

I applied UCL, KCL, Cambridge sussex and glasgow. I’ve got offers from sussex and glasgow and i had a cambridge interview. I wouldn’t be too worried as UCL usually gives out offers mid jan earliest but usually feb/march. I’m so impatient i just wanna knowwwwwww

I applied UCL, KCL, Cambridge sussex and glasgow. I’ve got offers from sussex and glasgow and i had a cambridge interview. I wouldn’t be too worried as UCL usually gives out offers mid jan earliest but usually feb/march. I’m so impatient i just wanna knowwwwwww

omg gosh sameeee I check my emails 24/7 just to make sure that I don’t miss any updates lol!! I genuinely don’t think I have a shot at UCL after my LNAT cause the essay went really bad:frown: but eitherway congratulations on receiving offers & GOODLUCK with the others!! I’m sure the best is yet to come xx
omg gosh sameeee I check my emails 24/7 just to make sure that I don’t miss any updates lol!! I genuinely don’t think I have a shot at UCL after my LNAT cause the essay went really bad:frown: but eitherway congratulations on receiving offers & GOODLUCK with the others!! I’m sure the best is yet to come xx

omd same!!! I just wanna hear back from cambridge already bc it’s been over a month since interview. I dont mind if im rejected i just want a final answer. I have no clue about with my chances with ucl or kcl but im hoping for the best preparing for the worst…
Reply 18
AAA I applied to Glasgow and Oxford, rejected by Oxford bur weirdly enough I wasnt too disappointed , on the other hand GLASGOW im dying to hear back from . Im hesitating for the rest of my choices , I think York , Cardiff and Strathclyde might be good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending