The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by roblee
...Um, hi again? The answer's the same as it was 2 weeks ago whence you copy-pasted that question. If you've been following this thread since then you'll see no new names have gone on the list for Civ-Eng; honestly, we're not hiding anything :colone:

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I should cut you some slack. I just looked for the answer I'd typed out to your question 2 weeks ago and couldn't find it; evidently I forgot to hit "submit". The last offers given out for Civ Eng were 4 weeks ago (presumably for the previous band) so it looks like your lot's haven't come in yet. Sorry :smile:
:oops:

well thanks for the effort it was due to panic about cambridge, but despite my panic i got a cambridge offer today :P
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by ViralRiver
Pink? I declare that us aero-ers have the best emoticon now =D .

I'll join the failing D1 club... got 78 in it after walking out thinking I aced it and got 100 >.> (the only module I have a B in :<). You won't believe why either! I drew slightly over the line in one of those inequality graph questions and they marked me down by 1, which scaled to 2 UMS.. eughhh

I got 82 in D1. At first I was slightly disappointed because I expected higher, but then I found out that half of my maths class had got D's :redface:

The only module I have a B in is C3 which, coincidentally, is the one in which I actually need to get at least 80 (I got 79) for the elusive A*. I am retaking it in January along with C4 and M2.
Reply 382
Original post by Supernovae
I got 82 in D1. At first I was slightly disappointed because I expected higher, but then I found out that half of my maths class had got D's :redface:

The only module I have a B in is C3 which, coincidentally, is the one in which I actually need to get at least 80 (I got 79) for the elusive A*. I am retaking it in January along with C4 and M2.

OCR JAN10 by any chance? :frown:
Original post by roblee
OCR JAN10 by any chance? :frown:

Nope, edexel :cool:
Reply 384
AAB for Biochemistry, still waiting for the offer for Biomedical Sciences though! Anyone gotten any offers for Biomedical Sciences yet?
Reply 385
HIHI,
just wondering whether anyone who already had the interview at Imperial for Chem Eng before christmas still hasn't got any news???
During the interview, the staff there said that the result will come out before christmas but I still have no reply from Imperial..... confused
Reply 386
Original post by rikkuex
AAB for Biochemistry, still waiting for the offer for Biomedical Sciences though! Anyone gotten any offers for Biomedical Sciences yet?

Nice offer there!
I don't know for sure, since I haven't much of a clue about different areas of Biology I think I labelled the categories wrong :colondollar: (maybe a search would help?)
Original post by roblee
Nice offer there!
I don't know for sure, since I haven't much of a clue about different areas of Biology I think I labelled the categories wrong :colondollar: (maybe a search would help?)

haha there's Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Biomedical Science for the Bio-related subjects! i don't think anyone got an offer for Biomedical Science yet. I'm still waiting for their reply! (btw i got an offer for biotech AAB few weeks back haha, please include me :biggrin:)
Original post by roblee
Nice offer there!

You may as well take me off the list, I'm Cambridging on you. I guess we may never be able to exchange tales of exploits now.
Original post by elephantinc
You may as well take me off the list, I'm Cambridging on you. I guess we may never be able to exchange tales of exploits now.

:nope: You're ditching Pimperial for Cambridge? We're losing our computing population :cry2:
Original post by Supernovae

Are you confident you can get 100 in C4 though?

Anyone up for some small talk?
Reply 391
HIHI,
just wondering whether anyone who already had the interview at Imperial for Chem Eng before christmas still hasn't got any news???
During the interview, the staff there said that the result will come out before christmas but I still have no reply from Imperial..... confused
PLEASE HELP!!! I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!
Reply 392
Original post by ruruluk
HIHI,
PLEASE HELP!!! I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

This is what - the FOURTH time you've posted this same post?!?!? -_- I previously wrote over here giving a possible reason as to why Imperial haven't given you your interview results yet.

Honestly, please be patient. Getting edgy about not hearing back from them is not going to speed up the process. Chem Eng is one of their most popular courses; so there are plenty other app folders that need sorting out/work on (you're not the only one!) Updating UCAS, sending out results letters/emails - these take time.
It's possible that some people from your batch may already have had UCAS updated; but the holidays came before they could get round to updating yours + other students'. UK postal service got delayed round about their holiday time, too - because of the snow!

Also, it just so happens that Spring term didn't start until yesterday (8th Jan), so there probably wasn't anyone in the admissions office over the holidays (they were off from the 17th of December, give or take.)

So take a breath, step away from the computer, and go clear your mind. Do something else that will take your mind off the waiting. It's not fun, I know; but it needs to be done. You're not the only one waiting, there are plenty others as well.
If they still haven't gotten back to you by the end of January, THEN I would fire off a polite, CALM email to find out what's going on. But until then, there's nothing to be "confused" about - so don't get your knickers in a twist.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 393

Small talk you say, VR?

Spoiler

Original post by arianex
This is what - the FOURTH time you've posted this same post?!?!? -_- I previously wrote over here giving a possible reason as to why Imperial haven't given you your interview results yet.

Honestly, please be patient. Getting edgy about not hearing back from them is not going to speed up the process. Chem Eng is one of their most popular courses; so there are plenty other app folders that need sorting out/work on (you're not the only one!) Updating UCAS, sending out results letters/emails - these take time.
It's possible that some people from your batch may already have had UCAS updated; but the holidays came before they could get round to updating yours + other students'. UK postal service got delayed round about their holiday time, too - because of the snow!

Also, it just so happens that Spring term didn't start until yesterday (8th Jan), so there probably wasn't anyone in the admissions office over the holidays (they were off from the 17th of December, give or take.)

So take a breath, step away from the computer, and go clear your mind. Do something else that will take your mind off the waiting. It's not fun, I know; but it needs to be done. You're not the only one waiting, there are plenty others as well.
If they still haven't gotten back to you by the end of January, THEN I would fire off a polite, CALM email to find out what's going on. But until then, there's nothing to be "confused" about - so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Without sounding horribly arrogant, I happen to know one of the professors operating at Imperial, and (this is the arrogant part) he said I was in the first batch of people to get the offer for my course, but (this is the actually helpful part) after that they did not continue sending e-mails based on the best to the worst - in fact it can take them all the way to the end of January to decide. So if you still haven't heard, just remember that it's not because they don't want you, but you are just like many, many other people who they are deciding (and I bet you'll get it!)

Edit: This was a reply to ruruluk, by the way :biggrin:
Original post by arianex

you heard the lady, don't upset her.

Well, no, but hopefully when I re-take C3 I will get above around 90, so I won't need 100 in C4 :tongue:
Reply 397
Original post by BrilliantMinds
you heard the lady, don't upset her.

Chortle. xD

:rofl3:
Reply 398
Original post by AlexB1001
Without sounding horribly arrogant, I happen to know one of the professors operating at Imperial, and (this is the arrogant part) he said I was in the first batch of people to get the offer for my course, but (this is the actually helpful part) after that they did not continue sending e-mails based on the best to the worst - in fact it can take them all the way to the end of January to decide. So if you still haven't heard, just remember that it's not because they don't want you, but you are just like many, many other people who they are deciding (and I bet you'll get it!)

Edit: This was a reply to ruruluk, by the way :biggrin:

The way they handle offers might differ from course to course, but that explanation is very sound. :wink:

Hey Alex - when did you turn your UCAS application in? :smile:
Original post by arianex
Chortle. xD

:rofl3:

I love how Dickensy you are when you 'speak', Cazza... :teehee: You sound well posh using words like "chortle", "guffaw" and stuff... :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending