The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
OK, though I'm not sure I have a category for "Hoping to hear after 15 Jan" yet. Maybe the applicants' thread could assist.

:biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
OKay total surprise for me yesterday! Went for an interview in Cambridge a few weeks ago - didnt get an offer.

Then yesterday - my brithday:P - got an offer from Imperial College for Aeronautical Engineering with a year abroad. Totally unexpected! Wasnt asked to attend an interview or anything....

Just wondering is this normal? Seemed strange to me...

Im an Irish Student and the offer was for AAAAA in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Applied Maths, and French. And C in English

( Best birthday present EVER! )
Reply 422
Got an offer for Physics. :smile: anyone else with the same offer?
Reply 423
Conditional offer from imperial college aeronautical engineering!!:biggrin:
Reply 424
Original post by roblee
OK, though I'm not sure I have a category for "Hoping to hear after 15 Jan" yet. Maybe the applicants' thread could assist.

:biggrin:

Just got my Imperial offer. Came through last night :colone: Looks like Track updated for a bunch of us!
Reply 425
Original post by Tsatska
Just got my Imperial offer. Came through last night :colone: Looks like Track updated for a bunch of us!

Nice, I'll add you to the list! :nutcase:
Original post by hajolli
Shockingly I too much, much prefer Imperial to Oxford. I recieved a conditional offer for Chemistry at Imperial last week, and also have an interview at Oxford. Part of me secretly hopes Oxford rejects me, because if they say yes I have one hell of a choice to make. Imperial's location is beautiful, and the university itself is currently ranked 9th in the entire world. I felt so at home at Imperial whereas at Oxford the feeling wasn't quite the same. The only thing that would concern me would be that I wouldn't have "the oxford name" so to speak. But in saying that, the "imperial name" is still really quite formidable
:s-smilie:
Original post by bzzz
Ditto on the secret rejection feeling; it would be really hard to turn down an Oxford offer so I'm hoping I don't have to, but there's another part of me that wants to know I'm good enough to go there. And yeah, Imperial's really nice, and I'm familiar with London and really like it there. I'm not really bothered about reputation as Imperial has a great one, especially with employers in sciencey fields I'm guessing (would Oxford be better? no idea).

Ditto, this was why I didn't reapply for Oxford this year (I got rejected last year for deferred entry and I reapplied for 2011) not that I'm confident about getting the offer :P
Reply 427
Biochemistry - AAB (AA in Chem/Bio and B in Maths)
No interview lol I'm surprised!
Reply 428
Civil engineering-A* maths (already achieved), A Physics, A from further maths and chemistry
decision- probably insurance
Original post by mbelben
Civil engineering-A* maths (already achieved), A Physics, A from further maths and chemistry
decision- probably insurance

Hooooly shiiiiipppp, insurance??!! I take it you got into Oxbridge then? :biggrin: Either way, well done on your offer :h:
Reply 430
Original post by nikita_atikin
Hooooly shiiiiipppp, insurance??!! I take it you got into Oxbridge then? :biggrin: Either way, well done on your offer :h:

yeah lol, cambridge A*A*AA offer.
Reply 431
Original post by mbelben

bloody hell!!! I thought Imperial was the only university make 2A* offers
Original post by mbelben

Oohh ouch, good luck with that! :h: I'm glad I'm not in your position! Good luck for your exams and congratulations on your Cambs offer :h:
Original post by oleahi
bloody hell!!! I thought Imperial was the only university make 2A* offers

Nah, Imperial are the only ones who give standard A*A*A offers, however there are a few people @ Cambridge who got A*A*A* or even A*A*A*A* offers
Reply 434
Original post by freefrag
Nah, Imperial are the only ones who give standard A*A*A offers, however there are a few people @ Cambridge who got A*A*A* or even A*A*A*A* offers

Why is that supposed to be??? Do they give harder conditions for those who are not considered to be as good as other offer holders? Or is it the opposite?
Original post by oleahi
Why is that supposed to be??? Do they give harder conditions for those who are not considered to be as good as other offer holders? Or is it the opposite?

Im not too sure, I just saw a few people claiming to have offers like that in the Cambridge thread
Offer for Chemistry :smile:
Original post by bck1990
Got an offer for Physics. :smile: anyone else with the same offer?

Same here. Maybe see you at Imperial next year!
Reply 438
Has any one applying to imperial for biochemistry or biotechnology?
If yes, have you got a reply from them yet?

I haven't heard anything
Reply 439
Anyone else going to the Maths open day on Tuesday? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending