The Student Room Group

i pretend to be weird for attention.

im a female and im quite shy. for some reason i cannot befriend many people,but those i do befriend i kind of lose any kind of barriers and respect. like i will irritate them and find it amusing. i do not care what they think, their insults go over my head. whereas if someone who i wasnt comfotble with insulted me id be hurt.

i think i want to be different for attention. if ppl see me as weird i stop caring what they think and enjoy the attention. it is as if being a normal, outgoing, respectufl person with everyone is too difficult for me, too mature. so i adopt a weird personaltiy where i just dont give a toss, do what i like etc.

if i try and be normal i just end up being quiet and insecure about myself.
when people end up irriated by me , i just dont care, i laugh if they insult me and it doesnt even hurt me, its like i enjoy being hated.

why do i do this?is anyone else similar
Reply 1
Psychopath? :holmes:
Reply 2
am i?

its abit like an act for amusement and attention, because the alternative is being quiet, ignored and everyoen thinking im nice but quiet, dim and innocent. i dont feel like this way and hate the ywa im patronized.
but i dont thin k im a psychopath because im actually logical and intelligent and know right from wrong, but just prefer to pretend not to
You've analysed yourself way too much, alot of time on your hands?
Anything is better than being quiet.
You probably are weird, and not just pretending to be. So just be yourself and let yourself be weird and say what comes into your head, but without being mean to people!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending