The Student Room Group

My cousin keeps ‘touching me’ ?

Okay so I’m 17 years old (female) and he is 16 years old (male) but he’s a lot taller than me and looks older than me too. he used to live abroad, far away from me, and we had never really seen each other or talked to each other before because his English isn’t the best (though it’s progressing now) and I can’t really speak his native language.
He’s now moved to England (in august) because he wants a better education. Because obviously he’s my first cousin, he and his sister (who is a year older than me) stay at my house for a few days.
When he first came in august, he never really spoke to me that much but i think it’s solely because we couldn’t communicate. His sister is fluent in English btw.

But in recent days, as awful as this sounds, he’s become a lot more touchy and it’s really weirding me out. I think I was resting my legs on his legs because we were sitting on the sofa (and us cousins have all become comfortable like that with each other) and he starts touching my feet? I don’t know why but I found that to be really weird. His sister and my brother were there too but he just started touching and massaging my feet.
and then last night, he started to hold my hand and play with my fingers and put hand on his face. And he’s like playfully smacked my thighs before and this morning, he was behind me whilst I was sat down and he started to touch my face with his hands and play with my cheeks and my neck.

I remember when we first saw him he was a bit touchy with my brother as he always had his arm around him and was leaning on his shoulder etc.

But I can’t be the only one to think that this is really weird?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I’m 17 years old (female) and he is 16 years old (male) but he’s a lot taller than me and looks older than me too. he used to live abroad, far away from me, and we had never really seen each other or talked to each other before because his English isn’t the best (though it’s progressing now) and I can’t really speak his native language.
He’s now moved to England (in august) because he wants a better education. Because obviously he’s my first cousin, he and his sister (who is a year older than me) stay at my house for a few days.
When he first came in august, he never really spoke to me that much but i think it’s solely because we couldn’t communicate. His sister is fluent in English btw.

But in recent days, as awful as this sounds, he’s become a lot more touchy and it’s really weirding me out. I think I was resting my legs on his legs because we were sitting on the sofa (and us cousins have all become comfortable like that with each other) and he starts touching my feet? I don’t know why but I found that to be really weird. His sister and my brother were there too but he just started touching and massaging my feet.
and then last night, he started to hold my hand and play with my fingers and put hand on his face. And he’s like playfully smacked my thighs before and this morning, he was behind me whilst I was sat down and he started to touch my face with his hands and play with my cheeks and my neck.

I remember when we first saw him he was a bit touchy with my brother as he always had his arm around him and was leaning on his shoulder etc.

Pull away and ask him to stop. It does not have to be confrontational, if that is what is stopping you saying something. Just make it clear to him that it makes you uncomfortable so you want him to stop.

I would say tell a family member to pay attention if he does it next time and get them to talk to him instead

It's weird now, but would be wrong if he continues after he tells you to stop. He might not be doing it in a weird way so tell him to stop - it becomes an issue if he doesn't stop after you tell him to though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending