The Student Room Group

My dad

I just don’t know why I’ve been feeling distance from my dad. Ever since I was younger I was always his favourite it was always about me and it’s been 4 years now and I feel like he gives my eldest sister more attention. Especially now she’s moved out and is married. It’s always about her and she loves the attention aswell I know I shouldn’t care but I’m like what did I even do to deserve this? Why can’t the love be the same like it’s just weird. I went away for two days and he didn’t even hug me and my sister came from her inlaws for 2 days he was all about her. I don’t know, oh well I mean I’ve been t trying but I can’t force attention or love if he wants to give it he can when I move out I just feel like idk it’s weird. My sister has also changed and she doesn’t get attention at home and she’s always all over my dad but yeah
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I just don’t know why I’ve been feeling distance from my dad. Ever since I was younger I was always his favourite it was always about me and it’s been 4 years now and I feel like he gives my eldest sister more attention. Especially now she’s moved out and is married. It’s always about her and she loves the attention aswell I know I shouldn’t care but I’m like what did I even do to deserve this? Why can’t the love be the same like it’s just weird. I went away for two days and he didn’t even hug me and my sister came from her inlaws for 2 days he was all about her. I don’t know, oh well I mean I’ve been t trying but I can’t force attention or love if he wants to give it he can when I move out I just feel like idk it’s weird. My sister has also changed and she doesn’t get attention at home and she’s always all over my dad but yeah
Maybe since your sister is all out into the world onto her own, her dad may be more worried about her since you still have him. Your not married, you didn't move out, you don't have bills to pay. She does. Maybe your dad is scared for her carrer planning. He may just be trying to spend as much time with her because he may never know what'll happento your sister. If you also want attention, try and do things that'll make him happy. Does he like coffee or tea in the morning? Maybe you two could have a moie night? What about a Dad and Daughter day on the weekend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending