The Student Room Group

Why hasn't Geroge Bush or Tony Blair been executed for crimes against humanity?

That was the reason they killed Saddam Hussein, Bush and Blair have done the same or even worse atrocities than him, so why haven't they been accused or executed?
Or do western leaders not count.

This documentary is great btw, http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=198443
Saw a thread about it yesterday.

Scroll to see replies

move along now kids, nothing to see here.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
They won.
Because they haven't been killed by their enemies. How else would they be killed? By their own people? Not that Blair should be compared to Bush at all.
The irony of the US is that they are a democracy,yet dictate what to do to other countries
Because there white and speak English
Because calling a war illegal and branding someone a war criminal because you disagree with a war is not directly interchangable with law?

Since when did Blair/Bush embark of a campaign of religious suppression, rigging elections, using a stasi-esque force who tortured those who vast amounts of people for the slightest of reasons etc? I don't remember Blair trying to send troops into Mayfair or Bush trying to have a Democratic state expelled from the union...

Judging by the sudden appearence of 3 neg reps in a very short space of time I imagine someone alerted Stop the War that there was a dissenting opinion?
(edited 13 years ago)
Because execution IS a crime against humanity.
Reply 8
Original post by Shortarse1
Because calling a war illegal and branding someone a war criminal because you disagree with a war is not directly interchangable with law?

Since when did Blair/Bush embark of a campaign of religious suppression, rigging elections, using a stasi-esque force who tortured those who vast amounts of people for the slightest of reasons etc? I don't remember Blair trying to send troops into Mayfair or Bush trying to have a Democratic state expelled from the union...

Bush and Blair gave the go ahead on an illegal war which killed over a million people, of which about 90% were civillians. They say they're helping Iraq yet several years later Iraq is still in turmoil with death and destruction everywhere.
And didn't America help Saddam Hussein supplying him with money and weapons in the 90's for their own cause, yet when America wanted to get cheaper oil they turned on him saying he is a dictator, murderer etc. Couldn't they see that whilst they were helping him?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
LOL Geroge Bush
Reply 10
Original post by Nucleolus
LOL Geroge Bush

LOL a melon!:awesome:
They were on the 'winning' side. :dontknow: Such is war.
Original post by hash007
Bush and Blair gave the go ahead on an illegal war which killed over a million people, of which about 90% were civillians. They say they're helping Iraq yet several years later Iraq is still in turmoil with death and destruction everywhere.
And didn't Bush help Saddam Hussein supplying him with money and weapons in the 90's for their own cause, yet when America wanted to get cheaper oil they turned on him saying he is a dictator, murderer etc. Couldn't they see that whilst they were helping him?

Your history is shockingly awful. Bush was president from 2001 onwards so I struggle to see how he personally supplied weapons. His father was President from 1989-1993 and went to war with Iraq so I don't seem much support there either. Maybe you're thinking of Reagan in the 1980s? Either way, neither should be executed.
Because execution is inhumane, thus an execution would defeat its own purpose.
Reply 14
Because deposing someone who commited genocide usually isn't viewed as a crime against humanity.
Reply 15
Personally I blame the people who voted for Blair and Bush into power. So they are partly responsible for the atrocities in Iraq and Afganistan.
Reply 16
Original post by Mann18
Because deposing someone who commited genocide usually isn't viewed as a crime against humanity.

I was talking about the war against Iraq.
Reply 17
Original post by hash007
That was the reason they killed Saddam Hussein, Bush and Blair have done the same or even worse atrocities than him, so why haven't they been accused or executed?
Or do western leaders not count.

This documentary is great btw, http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=198443
Saw a thread about it yesterday.

Why haven't you been executed for your crimes against grammar?
Reply 18
Original post by Shortarse1

This
Reply 19
Original post by Cinqueta
Why haven't you been executed for your crimes against grammar?

Just realised I spelt George wrong :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending