The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by sixthformer
not because they were black
i mean they had every right to be called white
as well as black
the society at that time hated mixed race people who watered down their precious pure white genes

Yeah but it has obviously stuck with them and people still consider them black. The whites in America may still consider them black. To be honest I don't really consider mixed race people as black or white and just consider them people of dual nationality.
Reply 121
yeah lets prefer coloured hair and eyes and ignore blacks and asians, and people who aren't caucasion
we are waste
we don't deserve attractive features
you darwin ape pigs

Wtf I was on about North Indians...which are Asians...someone needs some geography lessons.

Oh and I haven't said any of that, you have. Insecure much? :wink: I actually have a preference for people who aren't caucasian (not that I wouldn't date caucasians), so again, your theory fails.
Why does everyone keep saying 'they have every right to be called white', what does that even mean??? Obama says he is black, so obviously that is what you should call him. Duh!
Would you call a Scottish person british if they wanted to be called scottish? NO (unless you wanted to piss them off :biggrin:)
Reply 123
Original post by Benammieh
I'm sure in the very olden days Obama wouldn't be allowed to sit at the front of the bus or drank from the "white" americanswater fountains. Neither would Tiger Woods or Lewis Hamilton... Rosa Parks had white descent in her yet she still had to sit at the back of the bus. Just sayin

You're basically saying, that because they experienced racism this is why they should be defined as black?

Tbf, that's a stupid logic.

I could be a militant racist against all white people and mix raced (with white in them), does that make them white too?

Racism works both wats, and all have experienced it one way or another.
Reply 124
Maybe because their skin colour is not actually white and during segregation times a mixed race person was labled as one of the blacks
:dontknow::dontknow:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah but it has obviously stuck with them and people still consider them black. The whites in America may still consider them black. To be honest I don't really consider mixed race people as black or white and just consider them people of dual nationality.

exactly the point!
they thought of them as black
and not equally black and equally white because they were racist and prejudice!
therefore, if we consider half black and half white people as being fully black, we too commit the crime

Dual nationality??:lolwut: What if both their parents were american???
Original post by Lewroll
However many others (especially in america, from my first hand experience) will refer to themselves as black. Obama is an example of this.
So i suppose the question we have to ask ourselves is, Why? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

yes, i think the mixed race people in the US and the mixed race people in the UK both differ in their answers. I agree with the question....
Reply 128
Original post by Yawn11
You're basically saying, that because they experienced racism this is why they should be defined as black?

Tbf, that's a stupid logic.

I could be a militant racist against all white people and mix raced (with white in them), does that make them white too?

Racism works both wats, and all have experienced it one way or another.

No I don't really care. Some mixed race still consider them selves black and so do most whites in America. I see mixed race people as people with eyes and ears and noses like any other human being in the world. Whether they excell or not
Original post by The TSR Star.
yes, i think the mixed race people in the US and the mixed race people in the UK both differ in their answers. I agree with the question....

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not :s-smilie:
It's because their skin is darker as opposed to light; hence, they come across as black.
Reply 131
Original post by Lewroll
Dual nationality??:lolwut: What if both their parents were american???

Oh ffs of Parents with different ancestory backgrounds or skin colour.
Reply 132
No I don't really care. Some mixed race still consider them selves black and so do most whites in America. I see mixed race people as people with eyes and ears and noses like any other human being in the world. Whether they excell or not

This would be the end to the thread if the question was whether or not you cared.

But hey, thanks for your contribution. Have a nice day.
Mixed race people are often seen as black because we look more black than we do white. I could pass for a light skinned black guy. I could never pass as a tanned white guy.
fair enough, you make a fair point, if he wants to be identified as black, he has every right to, no-one should try to say he is white

but tell me this, do you not agree people would burn down his house, attack blacks, and scream that their race is being watered down IF he said he was white?

would it not be wierd if he said

yeah i'm white

look at it from this perspective

most mix raced people claim to be black because society would kill them if they claim to be white

people are too proud
they think of whites as pure
whites arent even white
they are pink

Well i dont know if i can answer that. You are actually confusing me slightly. People should be allowed to identify with whatever race they want to. If obama says he is white, then fair enough. I dont know why lots of mixed race people refer to themselves as black. I dont think they would be killed if they didnt. Its a mystery
Reply 135
Original post by Bslforever
Mixed race people are often seen as black because we look more black than we do white. I could pass for a light skinned black guy. I could never pass as a tanned white guy.

LOOOL! Good point.
Original post by .Ali.
I don't have servants...I had an ironing lady a while ago, but she was white. :biggrin: No thanks, I'd rather bathe in bubble bath and bath creams. Much better for your skin.

I had an au pair once :biggrin: She was from the Czech republic i think. She did all the ironing and stuff. I dont know hwy im telling you this :s-smilie:
Reply 137
Original post by Yawn11
This would be the end to the thread if the question was whether or not you cared.

But hey, thanks for your contribution. Have a nice day.

Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to get out of this thread?
Original post by Lewroll
I had an au pair once :biggrin: She was from the Czech republic i think. She did all the ironing and stuff. I dont know hwy im telling you this :s-smilie:

lmao!
i didn't say he was the first white president
and by black person, i meant his father.
i know there were 43 white presidents before him...!

If people aren't finding you attractive it's because you have an immature, vile, prejudiced and disgusting attitude. You'll find when you change that and start respecting people for who they are rather than focussing on superficial features such skin tone and religion, you might not be so lonely after all.

For the record; Obama does consider himself black and is proud of his heritage. He is referred to as the first black president because despite his mixed-race, physically his african genetic features are far more prominent. The fact that he is the first ethnic president of the United States was a fantastic moment in American History and something all Americans, be they black, white, asian, native-american, latino etc. should be proud of. More than 40 years previously had a mixed race presidential candidate been around, they probably wouldn't have even got as far as securing a party nomination such were the racial and cultural barriers of the time. He may be mixed race but it his African heritage which is of greater prominence and sadly to a lot of fascist pigs out there, that's what sticks out.

You also seem to forget the fact that represents all Americans as opposed to solely the White or Black population. He is after all their elected leader.

Latest

Trending

Trending