The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I got an offer for History! first offer! AAB.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 41
I got an offer for History and Politics! Has yours shown up on track or on the portal??????? I just got a letter! Wooo Royal Holloway! xx
Reply 42
ya know i cant believe politics single honours want abc or bbb but if it's joint honours with history they want AAB..i was like omfg!
Reply 43
Yes!! Just checked the Portal to be told I have an offer for European Studies (French)! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 44
vonderlust
Yes!! Just checked the Portal to be told I have an offer for European Studies (French)! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

me too :biggrin: doesn't say what the requirements are though, and there's nothing on track :|
Reply 45
My offer still hasn't come up on track or the portal- all I have is a letter inviting me to the open day which says at the top 'Congratulations on being made an offer for......' That letter didn't seem all that official!

Do you think they have made a mistake and I don't really have an offer- that would be mean! xx
hannah88
My offer still hasn't come up on track or the portal- all I have is a letter inviting me to the open day which says at the top 'Congratulations on being made an offer for......' That letter didn't seem all that official!

Do you think they have made a mistake and I don't really have an offer- that would be mean! xx

If I were you, I'd phone up the department and ask them to clarify whether or not you have an offer. :smile:
Reply 47
Are you sure it wasn't an offer for an open day visit? As SS said, give the department/main office a ring.
Reply 48
vp``
me too :biggrin: doesn't say what the requirements are though, and there's nothing on track :|

Ditto. :frown:

Still. An offer is an offer, right?
Reply 49
Rivey
Are you sure it wasn't an offer for an open day visit? As SS said, give the department/main office a ring.

It sounds an awful lot like the letter I got. I have a lot of friends in similar positions. I was in a similar one, but the opposite. I didn't get a UCAS letter for ages. The admissions people aren't idiots. and considering ur predicted 3 As, they'd probably just give you an offer anyway, instead of being mean and withdrawing it. I'd e-mail them, asking, but don't panic :smile: .
Reply 50
vonderlust
Ditto. :frown:

Still. An offer is an offer, right?

indeed it is. which other unis are you applying to for european studies?
Reply 51
vp``
indeed it is. which other unis are you applying to for european studies?

Aside from Queen Mary, I'm not actually applying for European Studies anywhere else. I did seriously consider Kings, but the geography element put me off in the end.

How about you?
Reply 52
vonderlust
Aside from Queen Mary, I'm not actually applying for European Studies anywhere else. I did seriously consider Kings, but the geography element put me off in the end.

How about you?

ah, a wannabe european studies-er ;- )
i was thinking about QMUL but didn't put it down in the end, so it's UCL, KCL, Bath, Manchester, Cardiff, and evidently RHUL. although realistically, if i didn't get into either UCL or KCL i'm not quite sure what i'd do. infact, on KCL, i'm not quite sure what you're getting at with the geography thing - i hate geography!
Reply 53
i think u do have an offer..isthe letter from karl billington?cos mine said "congradulations onbeing made an offer forthe..."n then it said i'd receive a letter from ucastelling the required grades etc.
Reply 54
vp``
ah, a wannabe european studies-er ;- )
i was thinking about QMUL but didn't put it down in the end, so it's UCL, KCL, Bath, Manchester, Cardiff, and evidently RHUL. although realistically, if i didn't get into either UCL or KCL i'm not quite sure what i'd do. infact, on KCL, i'm not quite sure what you're getting at with the geography thing - i hate geography!

I'm sure the prospectus said something about some geography being a part of the course. But it was a while since - all of three months! - so maybe my memory's faulty on that one. Either way, congrats on getting into RH and good luck for UCL and Kings :biggrin:
Reply 55
oh, btw the portal will never say the grade requirements of the offer - it will either say, conditional, unconditional or rejected..
Reply 56
My letter is from Matthew Grimley the Admissions Tutor. I do think it is an offer- but I want to know the requirements!
Reply 57
oooooooh i must go n kill him! lol...ah u have to wait til ucas send u a letter stating the requirements or check on track. usually the letter will come from the uni first..

--------------

dont bother e-mailing him-he's crap like that. im still waiting to a response to an e-mail i sent him about 2 weeks ago..altho i think it's cos he's avoiding answering my question. phone him or check on track me thinks
Reply 58
Yeah, I got the letter on thursday but still nothing on track.......... you really want to do history dont you- if I dont take my place- I'll donate it to you! xx
Reply 59
omg i wish that would happen! i'd love u in a heterosexual way forever lol..hmm i think professor grimley might mysteriously go missing..hmm lol :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending