The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by JessicaW

Agreed. It was probably one of, if not the best gig I've ever been to.

You cannot help but sound like that, dear, but I can see where you're coming from. Some of the songs have good melodies, though, so I don't think it was a write-off.

It wasn't a write-off at all, just really disappointing. But a lot of people loved it and didn't like Neon Bible, so fair enough. :dontknow:
Reply 781
Original post by Charl
Mother wants to see you :colonhash:

I'm not sure when I'm arouuuuuuund yet. Maybe a week on Sunday?
Reply 782
Original post by Jeppasloth
He made them worse! You should give them a chance tbh. Especially their first 3 albums and early demos.

Impossible! :shock:

And I will give them a go, in a bit. I'm currently listening to a lot of Charles Mingus. He's very good, despite his ridiculous last name. Mingus. Just sounds weird.
Reply 783
Original post by Christien
It wasn't a write-off at all, just really disappointing. But a lot of people loved it and didn't like Neon Bible, so fair enough. :dontknow:

People are stupid if they don't like Neon Bible. :frown:
Reply 784
Original post by marcusmerehay
WTF, I got my Jason Manford ticket for £12. :colonhash:

Well, Jerry Seinfeld did make the most popular (and arguably best) sitcom of all-time, so some kind of premium is expected, but £75-£100?! :colonhash:
Reply 785
Original post by Colonel.
I'll allow it, seeing as it's you.

Modest Mouse is also cool, for whoever is discussing it.

Thanks chick :love:

Which means I don't need to drink as much. I'm not complaining tbh, the only drinks I really like are usually upwards of £7 each, so it helps save money.

Really is. So repetitive and boring. :colonhash: I need to get my own house, though. :colonhash: Agreed. :h:

£7 each? What the **** do you drink? A vodka and orange or a tequila and you're happy as can be ffs.

Depends who you're with. But the staying in and saving money is the massive difference. I've not been on proper pub night out in ages. Every weekend for a while has been at a mates :coma:

I need a house too. :hmpf:
Reply 786
Oh wow, for where? And probably the latter.

The o2. Generally a terrible venue, but I imagine it's not so bad for comedy. :holmes:
Reply 787
People are stupid if they don't like Neon Bible. :frown:

People are just stupid tbh.
Reply 788
Original post by R-KAM

£7 each? What the **** do you drink? A vodka and orange or a tequila and you're happy as can be ffs.

Depends who you're with. But the staying in and saving money is the massive difference. I've not been on proper pub night out in ages. Every weekend for a while has been at a mates :coma:

I need a house too. :hmpf:

Cocktails. Sick of vodka and orange and tequila isn't really a casual drink.

Sounds best. I guess you need to save money for uni, too. Plus, you won't need the house when you go to uni.

The o2. Generally a terrible venue, but I imagine it's not so bad for comedy. :holmes:

Nah, the O2 is okay for music gigs, I prefer much more intimate venues for comedy, though. It isn't the same if you're sat miles away. And I don't think the audience bonds as well.

People are just stupid tbh.

Yeah. :frown:
Reply 789
Cocktails. Sick of vodka and orange and tequila isn't really a casual drink.

Sounds best. I guess you need to save money for uni, too. Plus, you won't need the house when you go to uni.

Nah, the O2 is okay for music gigs, I prefer much more intimate venues for comedy, though. It isn't the same if you're sat miles away. And I don't think the audience bonds as well.

Well, tbh I only went once, but I found it had a very sterile, soulless atmosphere, like some sort of mini-Emirates. I haven't actually seen stand-up live before, so I don't really know what works best. :dontknow:
Original post by Colonel.
Gemmell and CHalmers

500k?

1983?

McNamara or Lambert?

Correct.

Close, £650K.

Way off, 1996. :smile:

Lambert.

--------

Who was our GK during the 2003 UEFA Cup Final?

Who was our sub GK during the 2003 UEFA Cup Final?

Who was our first manager?

Who has scored more goals than Larsson but less than McGrory?

Who founded the club?
Reply 791
Well, tbh I only went once, but I found it had a very sterile, soulless atmosphere, like some sort of mini-Emirates. I haven't actually seen stand-up live before, so I don't really know what works best. :dontknow:

I've been there twice now and didn't get that vibe, I guess it depends which gig you went to, though. Who did you see? Ah, fair enough. I think comedians interact better with smaller crowds, though Seinfeld's style of comedy is probably better suited to the O2 than most British comedians.
Reply 792
I've been there twice now and didn't get that vibe, I guess it depends which gig you went to, though. Who did you see? Ah, fair enough. I think comedians interact better with smaller crowds, though Seinfeld's style of comedy is probably better suited to the O2 than most British comedians.

The Verve. The problem was not The Verve, I assure you. :colonhash:
Reply 793
Original post by Stalin

Original post by Stalin
Correct.

Close, £650K.

Way off, 1996. :smile:

Lambert.

--------

Who was our GK during the 2003 UEFA Cup Final?

Who was our sub GK during the 2003 UEFA Cup Final?

Who was our first manager?

Who has scored more goals than Larsson but less than McGrory?

Who founded the club?

Douglas.

Hedman the playa.

No idea...

Lennox.

An Irish guy. I know it was used to fundraise for a charity of some sort...
Reply 794
Like some sort of mini-Emirates.

Lol. :colonhash:

Whilst we're on the topic, though, is anyone interested in an Arsenal v Barca ticket? might have a couple of spares...
Reply 795
I need a house :frown:
Reply 796
The Verve. The problem was not The Verve, I assure you. :colonhash:

Was probably just you then. :colonhash: I would like to see The Verve, jealous.
Reply 797
The Verve's comeback was possibly the biggest disappointment since I got lumbered with a half full pack of maltesers. :colonhash:

Hello anyway. :h:
Reply 798
Was probably just you then. :colonhash: I would like to see the Verve, jealous.

I'm sure you'll have a small window of opportunity during their next five-minute reunion. They're so mercurial they make The Beach Boys look like The Feeling or something, in terms of band harmony anyway. :colonhash:
Reply 799
Original post by Charl
I need a house :frown:

Get Dan to buy you one with his first paycheck .

Latest