The Student Room Group

How can I be attractive?

I am a guy and I just don't know what women find attractive in guys. I only understand why they might like supermodels but regular guys to me don't seem to have anything attractive about them (including myself).

Scroll to see replies

You're a straight guy? If so it is normal you're not going to see regular blokes as attractive. Straight women aren't looking at men through the same lens you are.

What women find attractive differs woman to woman. Some put more emphasis on looks and others on personality. For some general guidance though: practice good hygiene, wear clean well-maintained clothing/shoes, and make some effort to take care of your skin and hair. Someone who takes care of himself is more attractive than the guy who doesn't shower and wears curry-stained shirts and tattered trainers.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
I am straight so I don't expect to be turned on by men but I don't see what's attractive about vasts numbers of men who women consider attractive. Like 99% of them I don't see as being attractive. Some models or actors I can understand tho but it's not realistic for me to look like that. I can't be 9% body fat all year round and have a six pack and really defined abs. Beyond that, I don't see how I can be attractive to women?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Beyond that, I don't see how I can be attractive to women?

On my first dinner date with my now- boyfriend - our actual second date - we lost track of time and eventually realised we'd been there 5 hours, it was midnight and the staff were discretely clearing up around us.

What made him attractive enough to date, and then get into a relationship with, is that from having a job in common we have fascinating and fun conversations, we have some similar interests, the same work ethic, but with enough independence to do our own thing, too. Compatability is key!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am a guy and I just don't know what women find attractive in guys. I only understand why they might like supermodels but regular guys to me don't seem to have anything attractive about them (including myself).

Aslong as your nice to here and have a good sense of humour, nothing else really matters, thats from my experience. People have different tastes.
Original post by Willow2502
Aslong as your nice to here and have a good sense of humour, nothing else really matters, thats from my experience. People have different tastes.

Yea I tots agree with you there x
Reply 6
Original post by leahjanemeasures
Yea I tots agree with you there x

I think men get judged way too much yk?
I think men get judged way too much yk?

Yea ikr like if they are nice who cares ABT looks as much. Like my friends date really mean people just because they look good and I'm like why do u do that to urself yk what I mean ?
It usually comes down to your standards or the females ego. Some girls find a guys body attractive some other females like how they act and treat others.
Reply 9
Yea ikr like if they are nice who cares ABT looks as much. Like my friends date really mean people just because they look good and I'm like why do u do that to urself yk what I mean ?

Last time i made a mistake like that i got an abusive partner but luckily my friends got me out of it lol
Last time i made a mistake like that i got an abusive partner but luckily my friends got me out of it lol

Umm yea my friend had that too but we couldn't stop her as she was so blind by his looks. Also do u have an email I can talk to you on??
Umm yea my friend had that too but we couldn't stop her as she was so blind by his looks. Also do u have an email I can talk to you on??

you want my number instead?
you want my number instead?

UM my phone broken ATM so can we email for now?
UM my phone broken ATM so can we email for now?

sure
So what is ur email ?
Emailed you x
sure

My email is [email protected] just so yk who I am when u get the email x
My email is [email protected] just so yk who I am when u get the email x

it doesnt work x
it doesnt work x

Why not?