The Student Room Group

University Challenge

Scroll to see replies

The wrong team won in my opinion..... there was some good characters on the other team :frown:
Original post by BeccaCath94
The wrong team won in my opinion..... there was some good characters on the other team :frown:

I agree. I preferred the other team, particularly Grynger.
Original post by k9markiii

That guy was a genius

I know :frown:
I thought he was going to be the next guttenplan
Every time Grinyer got a question wrong, he was sending Jeremy death glares :eek: not entirely sure he's safe to be on television... or around people...

I love your signiture!!
I opened them all (not in 10 seconds) and 16 is missing..... :P
Agghhh!!! I can't cope!!
Personal best! 6 correct answers this week by me :smile:

I love seeing Cambridge/Oxford colleges being knocked out!
[video="youtube;Q-W-E9NKtKk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q-W-E9NKtKk[/video]

has anyone seen this vid yet? i can't seem to stop watching it, i bloody love pugh!
Was sick tonight!
Original post by golddust&lipgloss
[video="youtube;Q-W-E9NKtKk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q-W-E9NKtKk[/video]

has anyone seen this vid yet? i can't seem to stop watching it, i bloody love pugh!

I love that! :biggrin:

Does popular music (you know what I mean) only get used in the earlier rounds, with the focus being on classical pieces in the later stages? I'm just wondering, as that's how it appeared to me.

Also, I feel really ignorant - I don't remember the guy on the far left on Manchester's team from any past rounds. :redface:
Original post by Zuzuzu
It's quality. I wanna know how you go about applying for it etc.

I'm hoping Oxford Brookes win it this year. Sherlaw-Johnson comes across as a knob, mind. Bolton - Sheffield is the contestant of the series BY FAR.

I have a friend whose sister was on it at Birmingham. I think. :tongue:
Reply 1232
Well, that's my 15 minutes of fame over.

what a way for it to end though
That was brilliant, I wanted Clare College, Cambridge to win because of their comeback; thanks to Janes, and their scientific background.
Original post by Sagacious
That was brilliant, I wanted Clare College, Cambridge to win because of their comeback; thanks to Janes, and their scientific background.

I liked both teams, but I love Clare College's speed in answering some questions - that was Janes wasn't it? :biggrin:
Original post by around

your team gave a brilliant performance, you were one of my fave teams for this series. gutted you didn't get through to the semis, i really thought you were :frown:.
Original post by around

haha! are you cao?
Original post by around

Well done! I think I can guess who you are from your profile :biggrin: You all did really well, it was such a close round. :smile:
Original post by madders94
Every time Grinyer got a question wrong, he was sending Jeremy death glares :eek: not entirely sure he's safe to be on television... or around people...

I LOVED THAT CONTESTANT. Like when he answered 'the thirteen colonies' for some flag, and it actually turned out to be correct, but the researchers said it was wrong. His glare could have destroyed Paxman.
Original post by JOR2010
I LOVED THAT CONTESTANT. Like when he answered 'the thirteen colonies' for some flag, and it actually turned out to be correct, but the researchers said it was wrong. His glare could have destroyed Paxman.

:rofl: Grinyer was a legend. I just wish I could watch some of the earlier episodes from this series, because I can't find any clips of him on YouTube. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest