The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

That's unbelievable!! The most I've ever paid is £5.50, and that was at a popular cinema on a saturday night!

Oh! On the topic of cinemas, what are the chances Harry Potter will be in the cinema in st andrews? I'm a huge child and LOVE harry!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I can't imagine they wouldn't have Harry Potter showing when it comes out. I hope to goodness I'm not working on the opening night, else I'm sure to be dressed up as a character from the film. :no:
ImperceptibleNinja
I can't imagine they wouldn't have Harry Potter showing when it comes out. I hope to goodness I'm not working on the opening night, else I'm sure to be dressed up as a character from the film. :no:

Oh good! I'm far too excited about it! Finished re-reading the book on friday and I can't wait for the movie! :woo:
chester.
Oh good! I'm far too excited about it! Finished re-reading the book on friday and I can't wait for the movie! :woo:

I'm also a bit too excited :biggrin:... but then again, I'm one of those geeks who dressed up in costume and stood outside Waterstones for 48 hours before the release :biggrin:
Bella_trixxx
I'm also a bit too excited :biggrin:... but then again, I'm one of those geeks who dressed up in costume and stood outside Waterstones for 48 hours before the release :biggrin:

Lol, i never did that! Would have been good fun though!
chester.
Lol, i never did that! Would have been good fun though!

Oh, I'd recommend it to anyone :p: I still have a large collection of newspaper articles/reports/magazines/television programmes etc. starring meeee! :biggrin: (Richard Madeley called me a freak. :frown:)
Bella_trixxx
Oh, I'd recommend it to anyone :p: I still have a large collection of newspaper articles/reports/magazines/television programmes etc. starring meeee! :biggrin: (Richard Madeley called me a freak. :frown:)

:redface: What did you do?! Lol!
chester.
:redface: What did you do?! Lol!

Nothing, I was lovely and witty when their reporter interviewed me, maybe the sight of my "backcombed-until-it's-about-a-foot-tall" hair terrified him :P
Bella_trixxx
Nothing, I was lovely and witty when their reporter interviewed me, maybe the sight of my "backcombed-until-it's-about-a-foot-tall" hair terrified him :P

You were interviewed!? Wow!
But richard madeley calling anyone a freak- kettle and black springs to mind! :wink:
Reply 2729
Chester! Don't be mean to Richard! He has to put up with Judy! (only kidding I love Judy :biggrin:)

Thats so cool Bella_trixxx!! I stood outside my local WHSmith at midnight too (not dressed up though!), but this was Derbyshire so no reporters! But there was a healthy crowd of say 30 or so!

I too can't wait for the film and I need to re-read the books before though...the cinema in StAs worried me, it actually meant that UCL won in that category when I was trying to choose between the 2 lol! But since I've heard its ok and most of the major releases and those cinema tickets are good, I go at least once a week so very pleased about that!
Back in Derbyshire the nearest Cinema was 35mins away and cost £5.60 a ticket, and Bargain Tuesday wasn't much better at £3.80 lol, thank god for Orange Wednesdays! My new one in Northern Ireland is a little better in price but not in comfort, although it does have popcorn boxes instead of popcorn bags which I've always maintained is better lol!

Anyway I'll stop wittering on now! (And Chester, is that the Storm cinema near/in the Odyssey complex?! If so I was offered a job there but turned it down cos its too far away..:rolleyes: ...)
Oh man I frequent the cinema way too much. It's going to be even worse since i'm living about a minute away from it this year. The price isn't bad considering down here I pay £7.60 for a student rate at my local cinema, then add on god knows how much for popcorn e.t.c..

I stood out in line as well for the HP book, now the place is quite a scary area so naturally when groups of chavs came by most of the line was a bit scared. What with kids and their parents e.t.c... turned out they joined the back of the line and were just as excited as us. Just goes to show everyone reads HP.... The film looks amazing though!
Wasps26
(And Chester, is that the Storm cinema near/in the Odyssey complex?! If so I was offered a job there but turned it down cos its too far away..:rolleyes: ...)

Yep, storm cinema in the odyssey- love it there! :biggrin:
Reply 2732
Hail current students...any idea when we'll find out whats happening in freshers week, like whos performing?!

It'll be quite hard to beat the pidgeon detectives tbf, I'm very jealous of Exeter and UEA because they've got the Zutons coming (albeit not during freshers week but later on in the term, and they're playing in Belfast on Friday and I can't go :frown: )...

Who would you guys like to see?
And how do we know about freshers events, do we get given a little guide for the week or something, I'm v. scared that I'll miss loads of stuff cos I didn't know it was happening...that always seems to happen to me :frown:
Wasps26
Hail current students...any idea when we'll find out whats happening in freshers week, like whos performing?!

It'll be quite hard to beat the pidgeon detectives tbf, I'm very jealous of Exeter and UEA because they've got the Zutons coming (albeit not during freshers week but later on in the term, and they're playing in Belfast on Friday and I can't go :frown: )...

And how do we know about freshers events, do we get given a little guide for the week or something, I'm v. scared that I'll miss loads of stuff cos I didn't know it was happening...that always seems to happen to me :frown:

Nobody who is not on the committee finds out until freshers week unfortunately, and I know the hard way; last year I was an Orientation Volunteer which meant I was the first to know what events were organised so I could volunteer my time to help freshers around and give out information ect. One night of freshers week asked for volunteers to cover the 'star event' which was described to us as a band night featuring 1 or more bands in Venue 1, I though, yeah I'll do that, muck around showing people about and get to hear some live music at the same time.... then I found out it was the bloody Pigeon Detectives and I had to spend most of the night sorting the cloak room out or getting people tickets! Needless to say Im not doing it again this year!
Wasps26

Lots of stuff here... http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/orientation/events/index.php?Year=2008&Month=9
:smile:
Reply 2735
I' ve got an unusual question
can you order things via internet and have them delivered to your hall
thanks for replies
just don't know wkat to take from home and what to buy when I'll be there :smile:
ajanska
I' ve got an unusual question
can you order things via internet and have them delivered to your hall
thanks for replies
just don't know wkat to take from home and what to buy when I'll be there :smile:

Yes, in most halls you can collect all your letters and packages (delivered by royal mail only) from the front office after they have been delivered. Exceptions are DRA, FP and AP where letters and small packages are delivered to your postbox outside your door with only the larger items or signed for items going to reception for pick up.

Just a note that most receptions (to my knowledge) DO NOT accept packages from couriers other than royal mail.
Reply 2737

I'm surprised to see how much of the events are run by the religious unions. Do they mind if you drop by but have no religious intentions? :biggrin: They give out toasties!
bearbear
I'm surprised to see how much of the events are run by the religious unions. Do they mind if you drop by but have no religious intentions? :biggrin: They give out toasties!

You can go to any of the religious evens religious or not, and the toasty bar doesnt give away free toasties unfortunately, but sells them for 50p on Friday nights, I highly HIGHLY recommend them, cheap, really nice and nothing better to soak up all that Friday night alcohol! Plus its a chance to see another TSRer in action, that is if you dont include a drunken me in the que, Ill say no more!
Reply 2739
Steeeeevo
Just a note that most receptions (to my knowledge) DO NOT accept packages from couriers other than royal mail.

I know that in McIntosh, at least, DHL packages are accepted. My mum used to send me stuff from abroad DHL no problem.

Latest

Trending

Trending