City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Victoria halls or the forge?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nikki-jones2009
Ohh i really like the look of the pinnacles! But decided not to apply due to the fact it seems pretty unpopular: / may put it down for my send choice though!!
Can you tell me a bit about victoria halls please! If you know mind
Like how big are the rooms, and kitchen area?
And is it friendly, easy to meet people?

Thank you

I know loads of people staying at the pinnacles.. They say they like it! I really like the look of it aswell.. even though i've applied for victoria hall.. I'm still thinking about the pinnacles.. The kitchen area is really small! :frown: but the living area is big.. Really big compared to other accommodations. Well as there is no common room it isnt so easy but the residents are really friendly holding gates open etc.. There's always some kind of party around aswell.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by sammy9214
just to give a contradicting opinion... the forge really isnt as bad as made out!!

I live there now and I've had no real problems because I haven't given them any reason to have a problem with me... just treat the staff as human beings and they will look after you!

And things are only falling apart because people purposely destroy them so why would you bother fixing them??

Honestly unite aren't a rip off unless you act like an idiot... it's actually a nice place to live!

Heyyy.. Could anyone tell me about parking at the forge, is there free parking on the streets outside or nearby? Because they're charging £770 for parking there!!! Which is just crazy!!!
Thanks
Original post by _Lucy
Heyyy.. Could anyone tell me about parking at the forge, is there free parking on the streets outside or nearby? Because they're charging £770 for parking there!!! Which is just crazy!!!
Thanks

Hi _Lucy,

My names Frankie, I work for UNITE.

I’m here to give advice and information about UNITE to TSR users, I noticed your post and thought a response might be helpful.

The car parking available at The Forge equates to £2.50 a day, it’s in a secured compound with the option of underground parking near the city centre.

There are on street parking meters directly outside the Forge, however these have a maximum stay of 2 hours.

There is some unmetered parking on nearby streets, but this is very limited and can be quite far from the site.

There are also city centre car parks however these generally charge around £6 for 12 hours.

The local bus services are really reliable, with students often able to get a discount on tickets. Prices obviously vary depending on where you want to go and which company you use but tickets are around £13 for a weekly bus and tram pass, so getting around on public transport is really easy.

For shops and local amenities, there is a large Aldi directly across the road from the property, and The Forge is located around 10 mins walk from the town centre.

You’ll also be just a 10 minute walk from the train station.

I hope that helps!

Frankie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending