The Student Room Group

MSc Management Warwick vs Bath vs UCL

Hi,

I have received offers for MSc Management from Bath and Warwick.
And I am about to do the online interview for UCL.

And I wanted to get people's views about the MSc Management course at the three universities.
I would be grateful if you could tell me how you could rank them and why.

I currently study History, and am thinking about the possibility of working in Japan (I am Japanese, but lived in UK since Year 7), because I think my ability to speak English and Japanese will be useful.
So I am also interested in the universities' international profile/reputation, as well as their ties with Japan (alumni, companies, etc).
So if you do know anything about it, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know!
(I cant seem to be able to find information regarding these online)

Thanks!
Reply 1
Definitely Warwick. It has a far better business school than both UCL and Bath. It has a better overall rep than Bath but a weaker overall rep than UCL. However, UCL has a weak rep for business-so overall Warwick is the place to be for MSc Management.
Reply 2
+1 for UCL
Better reputation worldwide. Also it has strong connections with LBS and a lot of companies.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by silver9
Definitely Warwick. It has a far better business school than both UCL and Bath. It has a better overall rep than Bath but a weaker overall rep than UCL. However, UCL has a weak rep for business-so overall Warwick is the place to be for MSc Management.

Thanks!
What are you basing that on?
Is it from your general experience?
Reply 4
Warwick is ranked by almost all offcial sources in the top 1% of global business schools. My view is based on reading student guides, ranking, employer opinions etc Most agree that Warwick's business school is very strong.
Reply 5
hi guys, I am in the same stuation as well can any one give me some advice here.

I have an offer for MMORSE from Warwick uni and Maths with Economics from UCL but I don't know which one to go for. I live in LOndon so UCL would be very good for me interms of finance and Friends but the MORSE course feels better?

thanks
Reply 6
Original post by sam#
hi guys, I am in the same stuation as well can any one give me some advice here.

I have an offer for MMORSE from Warwick uni and Maths with Economics from UCL but I don't know which one to go for. I live in LOndon so UCL would be very good for me interms of finance and Friends but the MORSE course feels better?

thanks

I can't help with the course itself but I can say that Warwick is a fantastic uni to study at as I really enjoyed it, there are great teachers, great campus and fantastic people that lead to a brilliant atmosphere!

I can see why friends and finance might make you want to stay but if you can id advise moving away from home and meeting new people. Not only is it fun and gets you even more friends but from my experience at assessments and applications for jobs after uni its good as well. Im not saying it is a massive disadvantage to be at home, but the skills of handling being in a new environment, showing you can be independent, meeting new people and building relationships with them are some key experiences employers look for and moving for uni is something a lot of people can use to prove they have those skills. Also thats why I advise whichever you are at take an active role in the societies they have as saying you were the president/treasurer etc of a society can be a good edge to have :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending