The Student Room Group

Got an A in core 1 97 UMS... what does it mean!?!?!

I got an A in my Edexcel core 1 exam and it says my UMS is 97, but I have no idea what this means!!! Please can someone let me know because its really confusing me.. thanks!:smile:
Reply 1
It means you got 97/100 UMS - meaning very good.

You only need 240/300 UMS out of your 3 Maths AS modules to get an A.

So you're on a good stead.
Reply 2
You scored 97 (UMS) out of 100. Well done
UMS for C1 is out of 100. When I sat the paper (it'll be different now perhaps as the syllabus is different), the paper was out of 75. Getting 70/75 didn't necessarily mean this would translate to 93%; it could well be 98 UMS if the paper was particularly difficult or could be 90 UMS if it was extremely easy. Basically, the paper is moderated and depending on how easy or hard it was, the UMS will represent different raw marks (i.e. the actual marks you received on the paper, such as the 93% I used as an example).
Reply 4
Thanks!! But I still don't understand, we weren't given our actual marks only the UMS so does this not tell me how many marks I lost out on?
Reply 5
Original post by jessicah91
Thanks!! But I still don't understand, we weren't given our actual marks only the UMS so does this not tell me how many marks I lost out on?

Because exam boards decide they like to annoy the hell out of us :l :P you might be able to find the grade boundaries and stuff if you go on their website. Think most exam boards released them yesterday. Might give you a vague idea of what marks you got
Reply 6
I got 93 ums and I considered retaking. I feel awful about it because of how close I was to getting 100. I feel like I wasted my time. Any advice?
Original post by hmu1738
Any advice?

Don't resurrect 12 year old discussions, start a new one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending