The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fawltyfan
My UCAS application to Christ Church for Law and French Law was processed on the 7th October but I still haven't received any acknowledgement from the university or college. Should I contact them, or is this normal?

Have you checked your spam filter?
Reply 7961
Original post by AnimalSpirit
I am so glad you pointed that out! Something bad could have happened!:rolleyes:

no problem...all in the ol' spirit of give an' take!

*Hey i really didn't want to sound like a snob...as i said, no offence!*
Original post by AnimalSpirit
Have you checked your spam filter?

Well that's embarassing. :colondollar: Found it in there. I usually don't have any problems with my spam filter so I don't really check it. Thanks :smile:
Lincoln emailed me today saying that they are currently looking at my application. Exciting!!!
Original post by fawltyfan
Well that's embarassing. :colondollar: Found it in there. I usually don't have any problems with my spam filter so I don't really check it. Thanks :smile:

Me neither - I found it after it had been lying there for 4 days.. Some other applicant suggested to look there :smile:
lucky...all I got was an email from St John's saying that this is a test email before they send the acknowledgement. -_-
Hi, I am applying to Trinity College and was wondering whether anyone else was? Or if there are any other Biochem applicants that I can bond with . . .
Reply 7967
Good luck to everyone who have applied to Oxford for 2012 entry!! I hope you all get what you deserve! :biggrin:
Univ sent me the "active consideration" email=)) But they said I won't know about interview untill 28th of November so I'm a bit worried about my visa:frown:(
Reply 7969
Checked my spam mails just now and found that the acknowledgement mail has been lying there since last 7 days...but haven't received the 'active consideration' mail as yet...
Hi! I'm studying History of Art... is anyone else??
:smile:
Original post by imre93
You're probably the first H/P applicant I've come across, nice to meet you :tongue:

I've submitted an open application and they still haven't told me which college ¬.¬ (The wait is killing me ...)

I've applied to UCL, King's, Edinburgh and Sheffield on top.

Which college are you at? And where else have you applied?

Heya :smile: Was just wondering if you've received your email yet because I've also made an open application and I have no email yet and I've begun to worry lol
Original post by molthemoo
Heya :smile: Was just wondering if you've received your email yet because I've also made an open application and I have no email yet and I've begun to worry lol

I made an open application and they replied me at 2pm today. I'm sure they will e-mail you soon. :smile:
Original post by S_123
Where did you find these sample papers may I ask?

ELAT website.

Doing the second half of my preparatory essay now.
Original post by molthemoo

Me neither...hurry up Oxford!
Reply 7975
Hey, I got a slight dilemma, I would appreciate any advice...

I have something I need to contact my college admissions about. It's not urgent (i.e. I'm cool with waiting at the most a couple of weeks) so do you reckon I should wait until my college acknowledgement (I have the Oxford University acknowledgement and they said that the college one should follow soon), so that they have formally recognized me and are considering my application, before contacting them?
Original post by Reminisce
Hey, I got a slight dilemma, I would appreciate any advice...

I have something I need to contact my college admissions about. It's not urgent (i.e. I'm cool with waiting at the most a couple of weeks) so do you reckon I should wait until my college acknowledgement (I have the Oxford University acknowledgement and they said that the college one should follow soon), so that they have formally recognized me and are considering my application, before contacting them?

To be honest, I don't think it would matter... You have to email them sooner or later... Admissions offices would enjoy gaining information about changes to application as soon as possible.. so I would say email them, it doesn't make a difference.
Original post by Banoffeepie16
There's only one for each :frown:

I don't know then :frown:
Original post by punctuation
I applied for St John's as well, for psychology & philosophy. :biggrin:

Original post by the_fresh_prince

yes, st john's for ppe. you?

Original post by fluteflute

Original post by fluteflute
Wooh, let's have a St John's Philosophy party!

Yeah let's do it =P I'd be applying for psychology and philosophy too if I wasn't doing art. They're just soooo goood. If we all get in then I'll make you guys teach me what you're learning in your psychology and philosophy classes.

Did you all get the college email test? I think I nearly died when I first saw it. Everything from now on till when I get an Oxford reply is just going to be me jumping and getting excited about any email, only to be let down when I realise it's nothing important
Original post by Lexi C
I know you can download one off the "oxbridge applications" website but it costs £35 :s-smilie: You're better off buying a grammar workbook or something. I'm sure your school has one, they're quite useful because they have little exercises!

£35? That's not worth it. I guess I will just try to use some sort of grammar book, do you have any suggestions? I have the practice make perfect ones which are quite good

Latest

Trending

Trending