The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raaron
Hi! Yes, it's perplexing but thankfully we have 2 weeks to riddle it out. I imagine it's just confirming which version of the course we want to study.
Good luck with the aptitude test, and please post on here if you manage to login. Oxford is so extra, I haven't heard a peep from my other choices.

Knowing me and my procrastinating ways I will only attempt to log in again on the day its due in. I hope its nothing major, i'm too stressed with Oxford and all the e-mails and the aptitude test :frown: I can't deal with anything else.
I will let you know if i do manage to login, please do the same if you login before me?
Thanks, Good Luck to you too :smile:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Indeed! :frown: stupid 6 million population! Yes, last time is was at a prison so I thought it'd be less popular but :frown: I still didn't get it
I got an email Monday night, asking me to ring on Tuesday after 9am. That was easy for me this week with half term, but obviously harder with school!
Original post by fluteflute
I got an email Monday night, asking me to ring on Tuesday after 9am. That was easy for me this week with half term, but obviously harder with school!

:lol: I have two weeks of half term :party: and its after the TSA :smile: so yaaay.

Last time is was my last day of exams during summer!

:/ to everyone with the PPH email, are you going to opt out or not?
Reply 9783
Original post by such_a_lady
WELL DONE!! :biggrin: nice one :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: I'm on a high.
Reply 9784
Original post by Ayeshaa:)
Knowing me and my procrastinating ways I will only attempt to log in again on the day its due in. I hope its nothing major, i'm too stressed with Oxford and all the e-mails and the aptitude test :frown: I can't deal with anything else.
I will let you know if i do manage to login, please do the same if you login before me?
Thanks, Good Luck to you too :smile:

If you copy and paste the address into the address bar, rather than following the link, it seems to work.
The PPH email arrived on my phone just as I was looking at Regent's Park's website! :eek: Something mystical... I wouldn't mind, I find the tutors lovely and it should be nice to live in an all-arts-students environment :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
:lol: I have two weeks of half term :party: and its after the TSA :smile: so yaaay.

Last time is was my last day of exams during summer!
:-o I'm jealous...
I opted out, though I only ticked opt out from Regent's Park cause it's the only one that does English... hope I did it right :s-smilie: haa
:/ to everyone with the PPH email, are you going to opt out or not?

I'm not, don't want to lower my chance of getting in... it's a toughie.
Tough call on whether to opt out or not. Regent's Park College is lovely, but St Benet's only admits 16 undergraduates a year (all of which are male) so it limits social interaction slightly. Hmm.......
I've just done the PPH questionnaire, to log on you use the email address they sent the email to both as the username and the password (I copied & pasted to make sure I entered it right). At one point when going through it tells you which PPHs do your course and you can leave the webpage open whilst you look them up in another tab (I did), you only then need to complete the questionnaire if you don't want to be considered by one/all of the PPHs offering your course, as the default is that you don't mind.

And you do only need to opt out of the ones that offer your subject in the first place, if somewhere doesn't do your course then they won't consider you anyway
Chose not to opt out, the only one I'm possibly going to be moved to is Regent's Park and I've heard it's lovely. I honestly wouldn't mind where to go!
:-o I'm jealous...

:lol: don't be! I had a dream yday that I was back at school and could finally enter in my three choices... :frown: bit of a shock when I woke up and realised I had a whole 9 days to go.

p.s. this makes me sound so much geekier than I actually am :rolleyes: honest! I am loving the 10 hour sleeps I get :sleep:
Original post by mr.november
I'm not, don't want to lower my chance of getting in... it's a toughie.

I don't think it's going to lower anybody's chance... You will still be interviewed by second and third colleges, only they're definitely not PPHs if you opt out...
That's another interesting Q actually. Does opting out lower chances? Statistically it must.
Original post by spectator1993
Tough call on whether to opt out or not. Regent's Park College is lovely, but St Benet's only admits 16 undergraduates a year (all of which are male) so it limits social interaction slightly. Hmm.......
It sounds like you can choose to opt out of specific PPHs :smile:
:lol: don't be! I had a dream yday that I was back at school and could finally enter in my three choices... :frown: bit of a shock when I woke up and realised I had a whole 9 days to go.

p.s. this makes me sound so much geekier than I actually am :rolleyes: honest! I am loving the 10 hour sleeps I get :sleep:
You can add your extra choices anytime! No need to be at school... (I added one Wednesday night!)
I had Blackfriars, St Benet's Hall and Regent's Park as my options.. thinking I'll opt out of the first two, I'm not male or religious :tongue:
You can add your extra choices anytime! No need to be at school... (I added one Wednesday night!)

Yeah I know, I just don't want them to get suspicious because they know we're all on half term! :lol: I over-think things but I might do it on Monday possibly horray! Have you decided on your last choice yet?
Reply 9799
I opted out of St Benet's. It's a total sausage fest

Latest

Trending

Trending