The Student Room Group

Where to Retaking GCSEs

[deleted]
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by BlueTac92
Hi there, I'm new to The Student Room.

I've recently been told I can't do an access course that includes higher maths because I need at very minimum a grade C in maths at GCSE. They told me that I should be able to retake my maths GCSE at a local school before September.

I've been looking since I got home from the interview and I can't find anywhere that I can book, or even get any information about where to go to book an exam. I'm not looking for any training as I have all my own resources, just the exam.

If anyone has any information about where to go or who to talk to about booking a GCSE maths retake exam I would be so grateful .

Jonny.

PS. I'm looking for an exam in Berkshire, as near Reading as possible

You have left it late to arrange this so need to act quickly. Phone every school and college in your area, speak to the exams officer and ask if they will take you as a private candidate for GCSE maths. They all can do it but not many will. You can do any linear specification as they all cover the same maths. Ask them which examiners they use so you can prepare using the right past papers.
Reply 2
Thanks gdunne42, i've just finished phoning round and i've found two places that might take me *fingers crossed*

Cheers for the help mate :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by BlueTac92
Thanks gdunne42, i've just finished phoning round and i've found two places that might take me *fingers crossed*

Cheers for the help mate :wink:

Hey, I know this was quite a while ago but where did you retake your Maths GCSE in the end? I am from the Slough area and am hoping to find a college that may have me in the evening or something for me to retake it! Thanks, xx
Reply 4
Original post by KatieO
Hey, I know this was quite a while ago but where did you retake your Maths GCSE in the end? I am from the Slough area and am hoping to find a college that may have me in the evening or something for me to retake it! Thanks, xx

Bucks Adult Learning offer part time GCSE maths courses in Iver but it's too late to do one this year. Slough Adult Learning and East Berks College do too but again you are too late for this year.
http://www.adultlearningbcc.ac.uk/
http://www.slough.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/adult-learning.aspx
If you just want to take the exams as a private candidate then you could try here for edexcel syllabus exams:
Uxbridge High School Academy Trust
London Borough Of Hillingdon,
The Greenway
Uxbridge, UB8 2PR
Phone: 01895 234060
E-mail: [email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest