The Student Room Group

Could I still get into KCL dentistry

Today I got my GCSE results with 2 9’s 4 8’s and 3 7’s which I think is pretty okay. However, I may retake my sciences because that’s where I got all my 7s. During the exam season I was really messed up in the head and genuinely wasn’t mentally okay, but during the mocks I had received 8/9s in the sciences so I’m considering upping it and retaking the exams next year, were I hope I could get atleast one 9 in bio/chem - I also genuinely don’t mind doing a resit (luckily kcl DO accept resits!)

I know everyone says gcses aren’t such a major thing but I really do want my application to be the best it can be! But before I make such a decision, would my current grades be sufficient for the course? (Imagining that I get good alevel and ucat scores hopefully!).
Reply 1
Original post by dormir07
Today I got my GCSE results with 2 9’s 4 8’s and 3 7’s which I think is pretty okay. However, I may retake my sciences because that’s where I got all my 7s. During the exam season I was really messed up in the head and genuinely wasn’t mentally okay, but during the mocks I had received 8/9s in the sciences so I’m considering upping it and retaking the exams next year, were I hope I could get atleast one 9 in bio/chem - I also genuinely don’t mind doing a resit (luckily kcl DO accept resits!)

I know everyone says gcses aren’t such a major thing but I really do want my application to be the best it can be! But before I make such a decision, would my current grades be sufficient for the course? (Imagining that I get good alevel and ucat scores hopefully!).

Hey! KCL look sm more at your ucat and predicted A level grades, you got good grades so I’d focus more on gettin good predicted grades for year 13 and a good ucat score instead of resittin
Reply 2
Original post by medlife23
Hey! KCL look sm more at your ucat and predicted A level grades, you got good grades so I’d focus more on gettin good predicted grades for year 13 and a good ucat score instead of resitting

It is widely known to be ‘holistic’ regarding applications, and I had thought that my grades would be a bit off putting, but many have said that I do not need to retake the sciences as my grades are already enough kinda? So thank you for the reassurance! To be honest I was a bit frantic and scared writing that post so now I feel a bit better. But either way thanks for the reply and input!

Quick Reply

Latest