The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Hi Aysha

The accommodation team will telephone you by the 5th September if they can offer you something.

You can resubmit if you think you've made a mistake, but you won't hear straight away and it won't be by e-mail.

Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 1701
I tried resubmitting and it said they already have my id number submitted. Is there a way to check that I put the correct email address?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Aysha

PM me your e-mail address and full name I'll check.

Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Amrit95

If you've come through Insurance or clearing / adjustment, you won't be able to log on until Wednesday.

If you've come through via firm choice, you'll have to phone the accommodation team.

If you've already signed in to accommodation earlier and selected preferences, you won't be able log back in, you'll have to wait for an offer via e-mail.

You can PM me if you need any more details.

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

Do you know how long roughly it will take to hear about accommodation for clearing students? I applied on the day it first let you. Thanks!
George
Original post by Georgehigginson
Hi Vicky,

Do you know how long roughly it will take to hear about accommodation for clearing students? I applied on the day it first let you. Thanks!
George

Hi George,

The accommodation team should contact you by the 5th September with an update on your application. If you would like to chat to someone about it more or have any concerns, you can call the accommodation team on 0844 709 2000 or 01509 222258.

Thanks,
Jarrah
So I got a standard catered room in Rutherford Hall. I wanted an en suite self-catered room. I don't know how to feel, I understand that beggars are not choosers. I did apply through clearing so I guess getting a room is something. I'm going to be studying chemical engineering. Is Rutherford close to that department? Anyone that has been to the hall or lives there can you tell me what its like. It is quite expensive so I'm expecting good things
Ive been given a standard catered room in Towers. On my preference list I put Studio Flat as my first option and Ensuite Self- Catered. I called up the accommodation centre but they said that there were no more self-catered rooms or even ensuite bedrooms. Not really sure what to do now...
Reply 1707
Original post by richardoyegbami
Ive been given a standard catered room in Towers. On my preference list I put Studio Flat as my first option and Ensuite Self- Catered. I called up the accommodation centre but they said that there were no more self-catered rooms or even ensuite bedrooms. Not really sure what to do now...

Hey I was in the same position where I wanted self catered ensuite and they gave me standard catered in towers and I was so upset cos I like cook what I want and when I want. But honestly looking at the comments about catered v self catered it doesn't seem too bad and I'm on the towers fb group too and I'm now actually so excited. Although you didn't get what you want, whoever you end up you'll have a brilliant time and loughborough has so many returners in halls so maybe next year you could easily apply for a self catered ensuite and actually get it! There's nothing you can do and if you risk trying to change you may end up getting nothing or something worse so I'd just accept and start getting ready for it! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also in Towers after applying for Self Catered, bit nervous as I'm not generally a great eater although it sounds like it'll be fine and its supposedly a lot quicker to make friends with the people around you as you're around each other all the time at meals. :biggrin:
Are you allowed to bring 22inch tv to your hall for your room?
I've been told to book an arrival slot for my 'designated arrival day' which is the 24th, but there is no option to choose the 24th. How do I go about booking a time?
Hi AGlasgow

I've just sent you a PM with some details.

Vicky

Latest