The Student Room Group

Accommodation for uni

Hi,

So... hypothetically if one gets a verbal offer through clearance on results day.

How do you apply for accommodation for that university?

I'm a bit unsure about the accommodation part of applying for university.

Could I have some advices please?
Thank you for your time.
Original post by B-star
Hi,

So... hypothetically if one gets a verbal offer through clearance on results day.

How do you apply for accommodation for that university?

I'm a bit unsure about the accommodation part of applying for university.

Could I have some advices please?
Thank you for your time.

Hi, Sol from the University of Suffolk here! :smile:

I'd recommend going on the University in question's website and seeing if there is any information on there about the specific accommodation options available. You will need to find out whether there are halls provided by the University, or if there are private halls that you will need to go to an external company for. Most universities will provide this information on their website. Thankfully, you won't be the only one who has applied through clearing as well so there should be others in the same boat, and that should be factored into student accommodation providers' calculations as well.

So in short, look on the University's website and see what accommodation options there are, and apply from there! You will need to go through a separate process for accommodation. It may be worth asking the clearing supervisor on the phone what accommodation options are available they should be able to point you in the right direction too!

- Sol
Reply 2
Original post by University of Suffolk graduate
Hi, Sol from the University of Suffolk here! :smile:

I'd recommend going on the University in question's website and seeing if there is any information on there about the specific accommodation options available. You will need to find out whether there are halls provided by the University, or if there are private halls that you will need to go to an external company for. Most universities will provide this information on their website. Thankfully, you won't be the only one who has applied through clearing as well so there should be others in the same boat, and that should be factored into student accommodation providers' calculations as well.

So in short, look on the University's website and see what accommodation options there are, and apply from there! You will need to go through a separate process for accommodation. It may be worth asking the clearing supervisor on the phone what accommodation options are available they should be able to point you in the right direction too!

- Sol

Screenshot_20230718-203224_Chrome.jpg Hi Sol,thank you so much for taking the time to reply.I just finished comparing different accommodations for this uni and I'm checking different accommodations for the other universites I'm considering.

Uhm (I'm not sure how to start this)
so I looked through the on-campus accommodations and though these two may be the best if there is space available
(I actually already have flatmates and is used to sharing a kitchen,bathroom.Difference with these accommodations and my home is the kitchen over on campus is much larger and has a window, dinning space and like a living room. So honestly I'm used with sharing)
Screenshot_20230718-203907_Chrome.jpg
If you click on this link and go to number 4 & 5 I don't understand that much.=
https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/accommodation/apply

Like hypothetically, get verbal offer put that option as a 'clearance option' in my ucas.
I think you'll be given an option for accommodations at university or studying at home,press accommodation.
Then what? ( for a moment take the uni that I have shown you out of the equation,what happens next??)
Do I get an email of what's available and I can choose?
(I've been look for more then 2hours of different accommodations,writing down pros and cons because my mum's like you need to do your research and then discuss with me.So I wrote it down and I picked those two since I see the others (157-170,there was even a £200 for a week!) too costly.

😥please grant me your words of wisdom.
(The problem is I have no family members or anyone I can go to more advices or get more info on this.So I'm doing my best to research this all on my own.

Also, I know you said look what accommodations option there are and apply for there. But..I can't find where you can see if there is available spaces (and like where do I apply?)

I hope you don't think I'm being stupid,I'm really trying to find out everything I need e.g student finances, accommodations ect.
I really want to go and do medicine this year(at least try) I had gotten two Biomedicine but I know that will be a longer root.Im also an only child so alot of pressure is being placed on me :/

WAIT!! is it like this the process? For all university in the UK=

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jMNn74vZRsg&feature=share9
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by B-star
Screenshot_20230718-203224_Chrome.jpg Hi Sol,thank you so much for taking the time to reply.I just finished comparing different accommodations for this uni and I'm checking different accommodations for the other universites I'm considering.

Uhm (I'm not sure how to start this)
so I looked through the on-campus accommodations and though these two may be the best if there is space available
(I actually already have flatmates and is used to sharing a kitchen,bathroom.Difference with these accommodations and my home is the kitchen over on campus is much larger and has a window, dinning space and like a living room. So honestly I'm used with sharing)
Screenshot_20230718-203907_Chrome.jpg
If you click on this link and go to number 4 & 5 I don't understand that much.=
https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/accommodation/apply

Like hypothetically, get verbal offer put that option as a 'clearance option' in my ucas.
I think you'll be given an option for accommodations at university or studying at home,press accommodation.
Then what? ( for a moment take the uni that I have shown you out of the equation,what happens next??)
Do I get an email of what's available and I can choose?
(I've been look for more then 2hours of different accommodations,writing down pros and cons because my mum's like you need to do your research and then discuss with me.So I wrote it down and I picked those two since I see the others (157-170,there was even a £200 for a week!) too costly.

😥please grant me your words of wisdom.
(The problem is I have no family members or anyone I can go to more advices or get more info on this.So I'm doing my best to research this all on my own.

Also, I know you said look what accommodations option there are and apply for there. But..I can't find where you can see if there is available spaces (and like where do I apply?)

I hope you don't think I'm being stupid,I'm really trying to find out everything I need e.g student finances, accommodations ect.
I really want to go and do medicine this year(at least try) I had gotten two Biomedicine but I know that will be a longer root.Im also an only child so alot of pressure is being placed on me :/

WAIT!! is it like this the process? For all university in the UK=

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jMNn74vZRsg&feature=share9

Hi, Sol from the University of Suffolk again :smile:

Unfortunately the process will be slightly different depending on the uni. You are doing very well researching this all on your own and you are not being stupid at all!

Honestly the best thing to do would be to call them or to email them using the details at the bottom of the page:

[email protected]
+44 (0)1273 678220

Someone will be able to assist you and direct you from there! My apologies that I can't be of more help, but I don't know much about Sussex's process specifically, only the one we have here at the University of Suffolk.

I hope you find a place!
Sol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending