The Student Room Group

Should people who have sex with babies be executed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh look, another thinly-veiled, shallow 'emotion versus reason' debate. Can we really not do any better than this?
Reply 21
A guy who would physically rape a baby has clearly severe mental issues. I don't think that executing them will help with anything.
Original post by cybergrad
No, execution is the easy way out for them, I would prefer if they were skinned alive slowly, over the period a few months.

Slow slicing. Ancient Chinese torture technique.

heavy dude. lol!
Reply 23
If they don't execute people for killing babies, why would they execute them for raping them or beating them up?
No they should be given rehabilitation and if they do it again then they should be castrated!
Original post by draikzer
I wasn't aware it was a rare opinion...

well... you're the first i've found. maybe i'm talking to the wrong people.
Original post by The Polar Dude
DUDE- thanks for the mental image...

:facepalm:

This.

And how did you even get onto this topic?! Did you just watch the Serbian film or something?! :s-smilie:
No. Obviously that is an absolutely horrific, even unthinkable crime, but I don't think excecuting the perpatrator is the answer. I'm completely against capital punishment for all the usual reasons people give...

http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/thoughts.html#anti
Yet another stupid thread.
It's sick, but I'm not sure.... Death shouldn't be used as a punishment imo :/
Reply 30
have you been watching a serbian film?
Reply 31
What breaks when you give it to a baby?

It's pelvis.
Yes. :angry:
I was Speaking to my close friend who comes from south Africa

She said that out there the people are told by witch doctors that if they have sex with babies it rids of them of HIV

So looking at it that way some people are brought up believing that it's the right thing to do.

People need educating not being punished
I find the use of inverted commas around human rights a little worrying, like you think they're a bad thing or a waste of time.

If this is the case, I suggest you spend a little time in a country like Somalia or Burma. Help you appreciate how f*cking lucky we are to have been born into a country that gives us these rights.
Er....

*OP trying to think of a new way to make an old debate seem new* fail...

I don't know. Some crimes make me want to say yes but then...

I don't envy the people having to actually make the decisions....
No.
The problem with the death penalty is simply the possibility of a mis-carriage of justice.
No matter what protections you put it, and what amount of evidence you need for it to be used, you still have the possibility of killing a totally innocent person.
Reply 37
No.

Even if he ****s a million babies he still shouldn't be executed. Making the crime worse and worse won't change my views. On the point of "If it was my baby what would I do?" there's a reason I wouldn't be on the jury.
Yeah of course they should. It shouldnt be quick like hanging tho, torture the scum.
No

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending