The Student Room Group

Could I be pregnant?

Two days ago me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex, and he finished inside me. That was 4 days before I was supposed to get my period, now I am two days from my suspected start.

Last week, around 8 days ago we also had unprotected sex, but he did not finish inside me. He pulled out each time, but put it in afterwards.

I know the chances are a bit unlikely, but not impossible. Is there a chance I am pregnant?

I am quite excited, I do not want to get my hopes up, but is there a possibility I am pregnant?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes and if you keep behaving like this it is only a matter of time.It is shockingly easy to get pregnant.Took me two months each time.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotney
Yes and if you keep behaving like this it is only a matter of time.It is shockingly easy to get pregnant.Took me two months each time.

Although it was unplanned, I would be incredibly excited to be a mom. I’m honestly hoping I am pregnant.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Although it was unplanned, I would be incredibly excited to be a mom. I’m honestly hoping I am pregnant.

How old are you?Is your boyfriend equally excited
Unprotected sex is exactly how you get pregnant, so it's not as unlikely as you seem to think. Get a test (pay attention to how many days after conception that they're accurate from) and use contraception from now on.
Reply 5
Original post by Scotney
How old are you?Is your boyfriend equally excited

I’ll be 17 soon, and if anything he’s more excited
Reply 6
Original post by 1582
Unprotected sex is exactly how you get pregnant, so it's not as unlikely as you seem to think. Get a test (pay attention to how many days after conception that they're accurate from) and use contraception from now on.

I’m waiting to see if I miss my period now, if I do I will definitely take a test
I’ll be 17 soon, and if anything he’s more excited

You’ll be 17 soon considering and going on the basis of you wanting a baby do you both have what it takes to give it the upbringing it deserves so the provision of food and drink, where would you all stay exactly is accommodation there, what about your financial stability are you making income between the both of you to raise the baby…?
I would definitely consider all the best and sensible options here taking into consideration what’s the best for you both and especially the baby
Reply 9
Original post by Mohammed_80
You’ll be 17 soon considering and going on the basis of you wanting a baby do you both have what it takes to give it the upbringing it deserves so the provision of food and drink, where would you all stay exactly is accommodation there, what about your financial stability are you making income between the both of you to raise the baby…?

At the moment it is up in the air, I most definitely would not be devastated if I am pregnant. This was unplanned but the more I think about it the more I’m excited. We do have the recourses to raise and support a child.
Reply 10
Just buy a pregnancy test.
Reply 11
As much as you want to be pregnant because of your age I suggest you really think about this. Being a young mother even with support is very isolating and burdening. Yes children are a blesssing but you literally can't make a move without considering the baby and it is very intense. You'll never get alone time, youre unlikely to do spontaenous events with friends or boyfriend, you have to alert 24/7 not to mention the cost of a child/childcare is not a joke at all. Get a pregnancy test asap dont delay.
At the moment it is up in the air, I most definitely would not be devastated if I am pregnant. This was unplanned but the more I think about it the more I’m excited. We do have the recourses to raise and support a child.

The fact that it is up in the air I would do everything that is in the best of interest for this child so I would seriously and realistically consider all options taking into consideration what’s right for the baby it’s upbringing and welfare yes it’s something to be excited about but at the age of 17 to which it is a very young age and the challenging aspects you could face ahead realistically be honest can you anticipate and would you be able to handle it. Is someone actually prepared to spend dedicated time with the baby whilst one works? Regular general practician checks for baby involving tests, injections and stuff can you do that regularly.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by miki_00
As much as you want to be pregnant because of your age I suggest you really think about this. Being a young mother even with support is very isolating and burdening. Yes children are a blesssing but you literally can't make a move without considering the baby and it is very intense. You'll never get alone time, youre unlikely to do spontaenous events with friends or boyfriend, you have to alert 24/7 not to mention the cost of a child/childcare is not a joke at all. Get a pregnancy test asap dont delay.

I am currently waiting to see if I miss my period, if I do, I will definitely buy a test
Reply 14
Original post by Kathy89
Just buy a pregnancy test.

I will if I miss my period
Reply 15

Do you know how to raise a child?
Where would you be living with a child, bearing in mind youll be housing a baby that will grow into a teenager?
Do you and your boyfriend have access to around £9000 a year for the next 18 years, and that's just for the basic living costs?
Reply 16
Original post by Surnia
Do you know how to raise a child?
Where would you be living with a child, bearing in mind youll be housing a baby that will grow into a teenager?
Do you and your boyfriend have access to around £9000 a year for the next 18 years, and that's just for the basic living costs?

Obviously I’ve never raised a child, but I know I’ll be a good parent. We would either live at my house or his, and work towards buying our own place. We will be able to financially support a child.
Reply 17
Obviously I’ve never raised a child, but I know I’ll be a good parent. We would either live at my house or his, and work towards buying our own place. We will be able to financially support a child.

Unfortunately nowadays it is very common when the ones who raise the child are the grand parents because the parents have to work.
Reply 18

All very nice, but would the parents be ok with a messy crying child for a few years?

How would you find the money for savings, a baby and potentially childcare if you're both going to work, because if he's a similar age you're not going to be earning much anyway at that age, and if only one of you has a job?
I’m waiting to see if I miss my period now, if I do I will definitely take a test

If you are pregnant, please keep the baby. Good luck and congratulations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending