The Student Room Group

Bf told me he only slept and took my virginity from me as a bet

I'm currently crying as my bf finally got in touch with me after ghosting me after sex, he said he only did it for a bet with his mates, does anyone have any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently crying as my bf finally got in touch with me after ghosting me after sex, he said he only did it for a bet with his mates, does anyone have any advice?

What did he do as a bet, have sex with you, ghost your, or be your boyfriend? If it is just the former it makes no sense.

Greg
Yes, the advice is to dump his arse straight away.

Is this the guy that carried on after you told him to stop?
Reply 4
If this is a genuine post and I am not saying it's not, what a complete and utter moron. I hope you have nothing to do with him from this point onwards. He is a *******.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
So how long were you dating and how long have you officially been boyfriend and girlfriend? Just trying to work out what pretence he's kept up of being interested in you. Maybe his response was just a get-out because he couldn't think of anything else other than being brutal.

Whatever. If genuine, dump him.
Reply 6
Original post by greg tony
What did he do as a bet, have sex with you, ghost your, or be your boyfriend? If it is just the former it makes no sense.

Greg

He had sex with me as a bet
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Yes, the advice is to dump his arse straight away.

She already lost.

The game is the game.

Some young men are ruthless. You have to accept that you lost this one and move on. No point dwelling in misery, you can not undo your virginity. Good luck
Reply 9
I just went to get my partner from uni because she finished for the day, and no I shouldn’t have I put it sensitively to ground to show my frustration

Hope she dumps a control freak like you, your not a nice guy
Reply 10
Original post by Wired_1800
The game is the game.

Some young men are ruthless. You have to accept that you lost this one and move on. No point dwelling in misery, you can not undo your virginity. Good luck

Thanks I guess
Original post by Wired_1800
The game is the game.

In fact
Unfortunately people love to use people and do not care about nothing but their own interests.
Original post by Ackhnologia
In fact
Unfortunately people love to use people and do not care about nothing but their own interests.

That’s true. I think it is due to a lack of accountability,
thats horrible and im sorry that happened to you. fking men sometimes. please take care of urself, if u have a trusted friend u should talk to them abt it.
Reply 14
Original post by brickwallgoesbrr
thats horrible and im sorry that happened to you. fking men sometimes. please take care of urself, if u have a trusted friend u should talk to them abt it.

Think I am realising just how bad the vast majority of men are
Reply 15

Actually, the majority are good guys.

The vast majority of men are not bad, just like the vast majority of women are not bad. The problem we have is that we experience few people and seek to generalise those poor behaviours as being representative of men.

There are threads on this forum where young men also complain about women and use poor words to judge most women. I doubt you would accept that you would be in that group.

What you have to do, if I may add, is to accept your reality and move on. Don't dwell on a poor experience and don't allow it to define you. Else, you would carry a burden for many years and pre-judge others when they have nothing to do with that experience.

Good luck
Reply 17
hey baby ;( im so sorry you had to go through that, youre worth way more than that. Ive looked through the replies to this and idk why the men in the comments are acting as if "you lost a game". Love isn't a game these men are just vile and immature. I think the best thing for you to do is to heal and move on. its going to be difficult as you probably created memories tg and you were vulnerable around him, but you need to make a conscious decision to put yourself first. You can do this by firstly feeling youre emotions and accepting them. Spend time with yourself, rediscover yourself and who you truly are. Do you things that you like eg exploring new places, distract yourself in healthy ways. You didnt need him before you met him nor will you need him after. Remember that throughout your life the only person who will stay with you is YOU. so you should wokr towards your goal and fulfil your heart always. I hope you feel better soon and that you have supportive people around you. wish you the best <3

Reply 18
Original post by helpiana
hey baby ;( im so sorry you had to go through that, youre worth way more than that. Ive looked through the replies to this and idk why the men in the comments are acting as if "you lost a game". Love isn't a game these men are just vile and immature. I think the best thing for you to do is to heal and move on. its going to be difficult as you probably created memories tg and you were vulnerable around him, but you need to make a conscious decision to put yourself first. You can do this by firstly feeling youre emotions and accepting them. Spend time with yourself, rediscover yourself and who you truly are. Do you things that you like eg exploring new places, distract yourself in healthy ways. You didnt need him before you met him nor will you need him after. Remember that throughout your life the only person who will stay with you is YOU. so you should wokr towards your goal and fulfil your heart always. I hope you feel better soon and that you have supportive people around you. wish you the best <3

Thank you
Original post by helpiana

THISSS I was gonna comment more but I overthought that the replies would come for me as well for giving emotional support rather than the logical advice majority and then I deleted my long ahh paragraph :skull:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending