Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george..)
    I thought you did but I have had 3 different teachers for the course and they all say different things. I just can't do it, is there a specific way that gives you the best chance of getting an A*?
    Just do what you feels natural to you, that's what I do, and you can make it flow nicely and I seem to be doing okay.

ReputationRep:
    Carol Ann Duffy Critics
    Hi! Extremely frustrated AS level student here studying English Literature and has been wasting 3 hours searching for anything critical (real paid critics that is their job to critique - not student wasters giving a biased opinion) on Carol Ann Duffy. I just can't find any website or ANYTHING to quote in an exam essay on Duffy and Pugh.. at the moment, trying to do different essays based on memory, sexual connotation, love, feminism, and disturbed minds. For A01 spec, I think we HAVE to include critics to up a grade... and wasting my time on the web is really annoying me! so please help!!

Much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Work.

ReputationRep:
    I remember doing my mock English exams, my English teacher kept giving me Ds. I got two As.

As long as you can pitch a decent argument and can sustain it without waffling you can get an A easy. A* just requires more practice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.