The Student Room Group

12 year old boy with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity

Scroll to see replies

He's clearly really clever but haw did he just know how to write these equations; deriving equations with proir knowledge yes, but without research or developing your own number system how can you just write an equation?:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Why are some so quick to pass judgement, that this kid has wasted his childhood or has no outside life?

Fair enough if he has. But I think it's much more appealing to be remembered by many, for centuries, as a result of disproving or altering the most scientific controversial theory known (or at least having tried), even if I was socially inept. Rather than being remembered by few, only briefly, because I chose to live an ordinary and mundane human life.

Some might believe such a life is wasted, but that's only because our instincts epitomize and manipulate us in to thinking what a natural and fulfilling life contains.

**** it if his childhood didn't, and his adult life won't, mirror what we perceive as 'normal'. He's doing what he's good at, he probably enjoys it, and I really hope that one day he'll be phenomenal at providing for the scientific community.

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 122
Original post by Silent-Varjoisa
Reminds me of a really bad joke: people say I have the mind of a 12 year old, and yes they're right it's under my bed...

Wow that was bad.

HAHA! That joke actually make me laugh out loud.

So it wasn't is bad is you anticipated:wink:
I was more worried about my Yugioh cards than Mathematical equations at 12...
Reply 124
Original post by planetearth
I was more worried about my Yugioh cards than Mathematical equations at 12...

Same here, i was 1 card away from having that big ass exodiah guy (rings a bell, but probably isnt his name lmao) , i was bad ass. :rolleyes:
Original post by BlueJoker
I think stories like this are kinda sad :/ He's doing adult stuff, he's missed out on so much.

EDIT: If you're going to neg me, explain why -_-

Yeah, I think that too. I mean of course he's amazing, but he'll never understand what it's like to be a child who can live in a world of blissful imagination and ignorance, make his own rules and dream. Kids are so honest and innocent, he's gona miss out on being playful and in awe of the world..and playing with dinosaurs and skate boards etc. :redface:
Original post by A level Az
All of his whiteboards have theories on them, so he uses windows.

In all honesty though thats probably call for more whiteboards more than anything else.
Whenever I read about these kids I get jealous.
Reply 128
Original post by jelly1000
So sad that he hasn't known what its like to have a normal, fun, carefree childhood.

And you base that on? Generalisation (maybe true) or observation?

Either way, this kid is good, and by age 18 will have passed out most.

Also, it would be interesting to see how fast he could learn a language (to rough fluency), although I'm not too familiar with aspergers, so mathematics/physics may be his area of expertise, and may be 'average' at learning languages.
Original post by SophiaKeuning
Yeah, I think that too. I mean of course he's amazing, but he'll never understand what it's like to be a child who can live in a world of blissful imagination and ignorance, make his own rules and dream. Kids are so honest and innocent, he's gona miss out on being playful and in awe of the world..and playing with dinosaurs and skate boards etc. :redface:

Who gives a **** about the "normal childhood"? It's not like he was forced to do it (unlike some other hothoused children), he's doing what he enjoys.

Surely that's all it matters?
Original post by Tommyjw
Same here, i was 1 card away from having that big ass exodiah guy (rings a bell, but probably isnt his name lmao) , i was bad ass. :rolleyes:

Hahaha, I remember crying once at 11 years old when my parents refused to buy me an "Egyptian God card"...

Good times :biggrin:
Original post by im so academic
Who gives a **** about the "normal childhood"? It's not like he was forced to do it (unlike some other hothoused children), he's doing what he enjoys.

Surely that's all it matters?

Meh. It's just that things a more important in this world than maths. :colondollar: But yeah, you're right- he enjoys it.
Reply 132
amazing :shock:
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
He's a pretty amazing child.

Are you going to the medical school of Slytherin? :p:
Reply 134
Who else thinks that he's probably going to be a heroin junkie by the time he's 25? Or a she? Or both?
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Karl Marx. :rolleyes:

Wrong. Carl Marx - hence communism.... duh!
Original post by SophiaKeuning
Meh. It's just that things a more important in this world than maths. :colondollar: But yeah, you're right- he enjoys it.

Says who? What are these "more important things" and who makes them the epitome of the ideal and normal childhood?
Reply 137
No one's cleverer than Sheldon Cooper...
Reply 138
I want to kill him.
Can't believe I'm jealous of a 12 year old.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending