The Student Room Group

I like everyone and everything. Is this weird

So basically I have liked 20 people in my 18 years of living. And out of those 20, 9 of them were real life in person crushes the other 11 were boys on social media I found really attractive and in movies/ the shows and I 1000% know would crush on if I saw them irl so in total 20.

I’ve liked white boys, Indian boys, black boys, moroccan boys, gujarati, mauritian u name it.

But the thing is for me I don’t have a type. If someone has an attractive face I will crush on them. I don’t care about their body because I’m asexual. I hate sex. Most of my crushes are obese as **** yet I don’t care because it’s only the face that matters to me.

That’s not the weird part, this is. I’ve liked an 11 year old when I was 17, I’ve liked a 56 year old when I was 16 and I’ve liked boys my own age as well. It’s just if the subject is attractive then I’ll like them. U might think I’m a pedo but how? I’m not sexually attracted to them, I don’t want to have sex with them or see them naked, god no. I just think they have an attractive face and I want them to think I’m equally attractive that’s all!

Is this so weird!?? 😿
I'll be brutally honest here...

I just think they have an attractive face and I want them to think I’m equally attractive that’s all!

The thing you said when you were 17, that's not okay, you do not want to be attracted to a minor (or them attracted to you). But if you haven't acted on that urge then that's fine. I still think that's a strange thing to say though. Maybe talk to a therapist if you find yourself having that sort of thoughts regularly? It's not something TSR can fix for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
I'll be brutally honest here...

I just think they have an attractive face and I want them to think I’m equally attractive that’s all!

The thing you said when you were 17, that's not okay, you do not want to be attracted to a minor (or them attracted to you). But if you haven't acted on that urge then that's fine. I still think that's a strange thing to say though. Maybe talk to a therapist if you find yourself having that sort of thoughts regularly? It's not something TSR can fix for you.

What do u mean minor? He is attractive and what? I’m not going to do anything with him. Why are u making it sound like I’m a pedo? I’m never gonna get intimate with him I don’t want to and neither does he, we are just attracted to each other. And I don’t see what the problem is if I don’t?
Original post by Anonymous #1
So basically I have liked 20 people in my 18 years of living. And out of those 20, 9 of them were real life in person crushes the other 11 were boys on social media I found really attractive and in movies/ the shows and I 1000% know would crush on if I saw them irl so in total 20.

I’ve liked white boys, Indian boys, black boys, moroccan boys, gujarati, mauritian u name it.

But the thing is for me I don’t have a type. If someone has an attractive face I will crush on them. I don’t care about their body because I’m asexual. I hate sex. Most of my crushes are obese as **** yet I don’t care because it’s only the face that matters to me.

That’s not the weird part, this is. I’ve liked an 11 year old when I was 17, I’ve liked a 56 year old when I was 16 and I’ve liked boys my own age as well. It’s just if the subject is attractive then I’ll like them. U might think I’m a pedo but how? I’m not sexually attracted to them, I don’t want to have sex with them or see them naked, god no. I just think they have an attractive face and I want them to think I’m equally attractive that’s all!

Is this so weird!?? 😿

I think it may be the way you have worded that paragraph about being 'attracted'.

I am a mother of 4 kids. My best friend always says she thinks my daughter is so beautiful and will say she is going to be stunning when she's older. This is okay to compliment someone's looks.

However, saying you're attracted to them is different. Attracted means a romantic connection of some sort.

There for anyone who didn't know there is a difference between a child molestor and a pedophile. A pedophile has the interest without intent a child molestorer acts on these interests/impulses.

I'm definitely not saying you are one. Having interests in a lot of different people could point towards borderline personality disorder or autism.
What do u mean minor? He is attractive and what? I’m not going to do anything with him. Why are u making it sound like I’m a pedo? I’m never gonna get intimate with him I don’t want to and neither does he, we are just attracted to each other. And I don’t see what the problem is if I don’t?

I didn't say you were a ****, I'll explain it differently.

It doesn't matter if sexual or not. In this scenario you would have been 17, he is 11, he is a pre-teen, what do you have in common with him? Be serious. He is not even a teenager, his brain will nowhere be developed, how can you consciously tell me you want to mitigate this by saying there's no intimacy? So what. Let him be a child and grow up with people a similar age he doesn't need older teenagers/soon to be adults around him (this can be considered grooming).
Reply 5

How would you feel if you had an 11yo brother and a 17yo girl turned up at your house to go out with him because she finds him attractive?
Original post by Surnia
How would you feel if you had an 11yo brother and a 17yo girl turned up at your house to go out with him because she finds him attractive?

100% agree. Plus what's to say when he starts puberty (a lot of boys at 11 haven't) he may want to be intimate later, he doesn't need a 17 year old weirdo trying to take control over his sexual feelings as he gets older just because she has it all figured out and he hasn't.

On another note I'm concerned with these types of posts popping up all of a sudden, we had a similar thread yesterday that got taken down after I reported it when a 17 year old tried to normalise being with a 13 year old.

Just leave the children alone there is age of consent for a reason stop trying to date minors it's being a creep, a weirdo, a freak. And I could have used so much stronger words but will keep it tame for TSR.
Saying an 11 year olds face is attractive is one thing, saying you want them to find you attractive sounds pretty inappropriate, likewise claiming to have a crush on them.
Children are young they are also innocent and since you are now 18 he must be around 12 but that doesn't make it any better. Theoretically speaking if I had a son that age and found out you were hanging around with him or worse still trying to butter him up to satisfy whatever sick fantasy you have about being attracted to each other (you claim no intimacy but that doesn't make it ok!) you are not right in the head. You need help or you can end up doing something horribly bad if you let this fantasy of yours come to fruition.

Seriously.

I'm still fuming you are trying to double down on this how the hell can an adult find a minor attractive like that?? He hasn't gone through puberty he might even be gay you don't know this. Let him play his Xbox or whatever children his age do and you keep your eyes off him.
Reply 9
There’s a difference between thinking someone/something is physically attractive, and being attracted to them.

If OP is asexual, they experience little to no sexual attraction towards other people (like when you’re young and don’t see people in that way; it just never changed).
There are other types of attraction though, I don’t know if OP is aromantic as well?

For example I might see a bike and think that it looks really nice, or that my cat is looking particularly handsome one day nothing weird about that. But especially when people are involved, and because attraction can mean something slightly different for everyone, it’s quite hard to work out others and their intentions.

(Not really taking a side here I can understand what OP means about not being sexually attracted to them but I also understand the concerns of everyone else :smile:)
Original post by bl0bf1sh
There’s a difference between thinking someone/something is physically attractive, and being attracted to them.

If OP is asexual, they experience little to no sexual attraction towards other people (like when you’re young and don’t see people in that way; it just never changed).
There are other types of attraction though, I don’t know if OP is aromantic as well?

For example I might see a bike and think that it looks really nice, or that my cat is looking particularly handsome one day nothing weird about that. But especially when people are involved, and because attraction can mean something slightly different for everyone, it’s quite hard to work out others and their intentions.

(Not really taking a side here I can understand what OP means about not being sexually attracted to them but I also understand the concerns of everyone else :smile:)

I appreciate your opinion but whether OP is asexual or not a 12 year old does not need to be concerned with them at all. It's not normal. Even if they had a learning disability no matter how you dress it up it's still wrong in my opinion.

The word attraction (when used against people) implies romantic or sexual feelings. We can probably assume romantic if OP is true to their word. Still, this is not right.
Oh and given the context describing they liked the 11 year old, people their own age, people older, I think the context is pretty obvious and clear it's at the very least in a romantic sense.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous #2
I appreciate your opinion but whether OP is asexual or not a 12 year old does not need to be concerned with them at all. It's not normal. Even if they had a learning disability no matter how you dress it up it's still wrong in my opinion.

The word attraction (when used against people) implies romantic or sexual feelings. We can probably assume romantic if OP is true to their word. Still, this is not right.

Very true, if there is some romantic attraction involved then of course it’s weird and a definite no-no.

If it’s just appreciation of someone’s appearance and nothing more I don’t think it’s too bad (I’m not saying it’s all ok though), but the fact that it’s only a few specific people, and that the term ‘crush’ has been used, also the bit about OP wanting them to find them “equally attractive”, is a bit concerning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending