The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Clinical Sciences at the University of Bradford

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fletchdd02
Also, the interview at Leeds has since changed this year to an MMI style interview opposed to the traditional panel interview.

I was not aware... Nice one for pointing that out as wel :wink:

Peace out. Gd luk

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Got an interview on wednesday, does anyone have any tips?

Much appreciated
Reply 202
Original post by Philippamalko
Got an interview on wednesday, does anyone have any tips?

Much appreciated

Basically prepare for a medicine interview :smile:
Original post by Epsilon1234
Hey everyone I thought I should create a thread regarding the clinical sciences course in the University of Bradford because I have noticed there aren't any.

When I was applying I had a lot of questions about the whole transfer scheme to medicine and what my chances were and I would have really appreciated it if I could speak to someone regarding the whole process. I came in through the foundation year and was selected for interview at the Leeds school of medicine but unfortunately I was rejected...I knew that medicine was what I really wanted to do so I stayed on to the final year - and thankfully I finally got a place in medicine.

So yeah if you have any questions, want any advice about the course or city etcetera then feel free to ask...I will try my best to answer as realistically and as best as I can.

If you want to do medicine but you didn't quite get the grades like me in GCSEs and A levels but you feel as though you are more than capable then there's still a chance believe me my academic history is really poor and not typical of your average medical applicant.

I don't profess to be the best person at doing this sort of thing, in fact I have never done it before, but I had always said that if ever I got into medicine I would do my best to try and help those others who were desperately struggling.

Thank you and GOOD LUCK :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well Done, GL to you :smile:
Unconditional offer :smile:
Applied for B990, had an interview last Wednesday and just received an offer for Foundation B991. Not really sure why, but I'd rather be on the Foundation course than no offer at all! :smile:
Original post by Padfoot-Prongs
Applied for B990, had an interview last Wednesday and just received an offer for Foundation B991. Not really sure why, but I'd rather be on the Foundation course than no offer at all! :smile:

you can ask for feedback if you like!
think there is a facebook group, i am yet to join.
Posted from TSR Mobile

How well did you perform in your interview, maybe you didn't answer the science questions well enough?
Original post by sammyjade92

Congratulations. With so many applicants its great to hear you made it!
all the best.x
Original post by Padfoot-Prongs

Replied to this earlier but forgot to quote :L!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone here have their interview 10th April?
Original post by BlueSparkleDust
Did anyone here have their interview 10th April?

I had mine on the 17th x
Original post by sammyjade92
I had mine on the 17th x

Hey, how did it go?
Original post by BlueSparkleDust
Hey, how did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys i have a question ............... plz someone help me ........... i am one grade away from entry requirement for foundation in clinical sciences but my other things are above excellent .......... like a lot of work experience extracurricular activities and stuff ................ furthermore my interview was excellent ........... the question here is what u ppl thing my chances are to get into the course ????????????????
Original post by moniasajid
guys i have a question ............... plz someone help me ........... i am one grade away from entry requirement for foundation in clinical sciences but my other things are above excellent .......... like a lot of work experience extracurricular activities and stuff ................ furthermore my interview was excellent ........... the question here is what u ppl thing my chances are to get into the course ????????????????

First of all congrats on your work experience and extra curricular achievements. Its not clear if you have been called for an interview but if so you would be more than 50% in, with the rest dependent on interview performance. If you have not and are a grade away from entry requirements your chances maybe reduced based on the large number of applicants and the competitiveness of the applicants this year. However nothing beats a failure but a try so go ahead and try with what you have. You will never know unless you try. At the same time if you can bump up your grade to reach that entry level requirement then you are in a stronger position. Best wishes etc
If anyone is looking for accomodation, I'm looking for 4 other people to fill a flat at Malik halls. MSG me for info :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SloaneRanger

thanks and likewise :biggrin:
Original post by SloaneRanger

Hi I did the the course but don't think I will get in. Which uni did you apply for/ did you do any work experience/ what grades did you get to get into postgraduate. I am really hoping that if I work hard for year 2 and 3 I can get it but my grades for GCSE and A-level are also bad so I am wondering what you did differently.
Original post by GeekMyster
Hi I did the the course but don't think I will get in. Which uni did you apply for/ did you do any work experience/ what grades did you get to get into postgraduate. I am really hoping that if I work hard for year 2 and 3 I can get it but my grades for GCSE and A-level are also bad so I am wondering what you did differently.

are you a student there now ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending