Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Most Boring A Level???? watch

Announcements
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    8
    ReputationRep:
    What do you think?
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    I found biology quite boring. It seemed like it was just memorising facts and then repeating it in the exam.

    ...So I dropped it after a month and picked up further maths! :borat:
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Hate biology? Biologys awesome keeps me insane! I would think ICT my friends handed in their coursework this week and 25% of the alevel was 300 pages which took over a year and a half to complete! The other 75% seems mostly the same. Also im not a fan of technology or rather it's not a fan of me.
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    Depends on your interests. I'd personally think Business Studies is the most boring thing on earth but some people enjoy it. Out of the subjects I do I think chemistry's the most boring.
    • PS Helper
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Biology is so dull, wish I took further maths instead
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    English
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    accounting boring
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    I liked the first year of English Language, but then the second year isn't really doing it for me, despite that fact I have new and better teachers.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Why would you do an A Level you found boring?

    .
    because you could carry on doing it in the hope it'll get less boring but it actually gets worse

    research methods in sociology is terrible
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    Geology looks dull to me.
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiseyoung)
    because you could carry on doing it in the hope it'll get less boring but it actually gets worse

    research methods in sociology is terrible
    I found sociology quite interesting.

    I would never have 'carry on doing it in the hope it'll get less boring', I wouldn't put that much faith into Edexcel's/AQA's/OCR's etc syllabus to make something that was boring at GCSE more interesting at A Level.
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accalia)
    Geology looks dull to me.
    :O Take that back!

    (Original post by phill232)
    Hate biology? Biologys awesome keeps me insane! I would think ICT my friends handed in their coursework this week and 25% of the alevel was 300 pages which took over a year and a half to complete! The other 75% seems mostly the same. Also im not a fan of technology or rather it's not a fan of me.
    It keeps you insane?
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    History, taught badly.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I detested geography outta the four i did.

    Kept maths/physics/history over it because i simple couldn't stand learning the course of a river for 3 months......
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    I found sociology quite interesting.
    Sociology interesting!?

    Whever I walk into that class I want to kill myself.

    Psychology is where it's at
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiseyoung)
    because you could carry on doing it in the hope it'll get less boring but it actually gets worse

    research methods in sociology is terrible
    SOCIOLOGY IS THE MOST HORRIBLE A LEVEL SUBJECT! NO ONE TAKE IT PLZ
    I feel like pulling ma hair out !! it suxz!
    i wud do any A level other then it! trust me!!
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Why would you do an A Level you found boring?

    I found Physics less interesting than my other AS's so I didn't carry it on for A2.
    I didn't know Biology would be so dull. However, there was no way I would get an A in Spanish, or if I did it would be at the expense of my other subjects. As much as I loved Spanish, I would've compromised a place at university to carry it on ;p
    By that, I have to keep Biology for another long and dull year :mad:

    Some of the content is pretty interesting, it's just the fact (as someone said) that you have to memorise and learn it out for the exam. Chemistry/Maths are the sort of things you learn to work out and deal with, the exams are just with different numbers (or molecules). That's a sort of skill and fun to do, memorising 101 key words, because they won't give you a decent grade if you don't, is not.
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MairiTheMack)
    Sociology interesting!?

    Whever I walk into that class I want to kill myself.

    Psychology is where it's at
    I did a one year A Level in sociology so we did quite a lot in one lesson making it more interesting, or at least the chance of there being something interesting slightly higher...
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    A level maths...All you do is solve pointless numbers
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    I took Archaeology... It was pretty boring. Our lecturer was really nice though, and we took a field trip to Ireland, so it wasn't too painful I guess.
 
 
 
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.