Reply 40
im dreading this exam :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by Lollyage
:eek2:

I LOVE YOU

All in a day's work :biggrin:
Original post by Lollyage
Reicher & Haslam and Maguire are my two least favourite studies..brilliant! How would you improve Maguire's method? She only really compared brain scans of taxi drivers and non-taxi drivers, no ethics involved or demand characteristics or anything :nothing:

Any help please? :biggrin:

Hi!
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?!
Bascially i need to know a good book, or a website that can help in in the section C stuff, all those assumptions.

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM! Aaah so i need a lot of help with them :frown:
Reply 43
Anyone know what cognitive studies are similar and how they are similar....? :/
Reply 44
Original post by Hanz_a93
Anyone know what cognitive studies are similar and how they are similar....? :/

similar- loftus and palmer and baron cohen use quantitative data
difference - baron cohen is quasi and loftus and palmer is lab :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Kequi
http://www.scribd.com/doc/56637164/10-11-Changes-FINAL

Here's the powerpoint my teacher made with two changes for every study, hope it helps. :smile:

thankyou so much!
Reply 46
I am so ready for this exam and think that it is easier than the psych investigations
Reply 47
I was thinking about doing a model answer for each study for the question 'Make one change to your chosen study..'
I'm having trouble with things I can change, anyone know somewhere I can get some info to help or anyone feel like helping? :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by beckaox
I was thinking about doing a model answer for each study for the question 'Make one change to your chosen study..'
I'm having trouble with things I can change, anyone know somewhere I can get some info to help or anyone feel like helping? :biggrin:

I put a link above with all 15 studies with 2 changes and implications for each :biggrin:
does anyone know where you can get questions and aswers for the core studies
:smile:
Reply 50
Original post by akindrat18
I am so ready for this exam and think that it is easier than the psych investigations

Do you know how likely it is for maguire to come up in section B? because thats the only the study i have been studying in detail along with reicher n haslam but that study is probs the hardest so im not focusing on it much...
And do you think the developmental or cognitive approach will come up for section C? Ive been revising them only...
Reply 51
Do you know how likely it is for maguire to come up in section B? because thats the only the study i have been studying in detail along with reicher n haslam but that study is probs the hardest so im not focusing on it much...
And do you think the developmental or cognitive approach will come up for section C? Ive been revising them only...

Revise psychodynamic perspective and perhaps physiological, but its very unlikely that social or individual will come up cus it came up last year, id skim over it though just in case cus you'll regret itt
Original post by jessplease
Revise psychodynamic perspective and perhaps physiological, but its very unlikely that social or individual will come up cus it came up last year, id skim over it though just in case cus you'll regret itt

I feel really stupid for asking this, but which section will the psychodynamic and physiological perspective be asked?
The exam asks about approaches and perspectives in Section C :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by jessplease

How many studies fall under the psychodynamic perspective? so far i can only think of fred... what if the question asks us to explain some similarities & differences between studies which studies should we choose and what are the similarities and differences?

Reply 55
This is a really good website http://www.holah.co.uk/core-studies/ I used it for my revision and I did well so it must be good :smile:
Reply 56
And for the 12 marker dont ramble say 1 stregth is ... for example in the study by... This means that .... Another strength is ... for example in the study by ... This means that .....
On the other hand one weakness is ...... for example in the study by.... This means that .....
Another weakness is.... for example .... this means .....
Reply 57

Both developmental and cognitive approach may come up on Section C as the developmental approach has only been on the jan 2009 paper and the cognitive approach has only been on the june 2009 paper.

I am revising both studies equally as there maybe a chance that 1 of the 2 might not come up and so you need to revise both studies.

I'm doing the aim for both, as Maguire doesn't have any hypothesis.
I'm doing the sample with both strength and weakness
Description of Procedure
Description of Findings
2 Improvements
Reply 58
Original post by akindrat18
Both developmental and cognitive approach may come up on Section C as the developmental approach has only been on the jan 2009 paper and the cognitive approach has only been on the june 2009 paper.

I am revising both studies equally as there maybe a chance that 1 of the 2 might not come up and so you need to revise both studies.

I'm doing the aim for both, as Maguire doesn't have any hypothesis.
I'm doing the sample with both strength and weakness
Description of Procedure
Description of Findings
2 Improvements

Oh ok thanks for that m8 :smile:
Have you typed up any notes for reicher & haslam? Im finding it really hard to make notes for that... if yes can you please share them with me..i would really appreciate that ..
Reply 59
Oh ok thanks for that m8 :smile:
Have you typed up any notes for reicher & haslam? Im finding it really hard to make notes for that... if yes can you please share them with me..i would really appreciate that ..

I am just in the process of writing Reicher & Haslam and Maguire Section B answers.
They will be done soon and uploaded today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending