The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Psychology - Paper 1,2 and 3 (H567) - [Exam Chat]

Hi! Any predictions on what will come up on the applied paper? Im getting nervous now the exams are so close :eek:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tinyy7
Hi! Any predictions on what will come up on the applied paper? Im getting nervous now the exams are so close :eek:

Hi for the mental health section i reckon its going to be Rosenhan or Szasz. I do Crime and Child Psych and im predicting that its going to be Hall and Player or Wilson and Kelling for crime and then have no clue for Child Psych might be Johnson's impact of advertsiing but idk.
What are you predicting? Also how are you revising for the applied paper?
Original post by Biologywiz18229
Hi for the mental health section i reckon its going to be Rosenhan or Szasz. I do Crime and Child Psych and im predicting that its going to be Hall and Player or Wilson and Kelling for crime and then have no clue for Child Psych might be Johnson's impact of advertsiing but idk.
What are you predicting? Also how are you revising for the applied paper?

How are you making these predictions? Are you a teacher?
No, but my teacher made her own mock paper and gave us advanced information for some weird reason. the advanced info was based on her predcitions as to what she thought will appear on the papers in the summer. Also it was Gottesman last year so its bound to be either Rosenhan and/or Szasz this year

Original post by learningnerd
How are you making these predictions? Are you a teacher?
Would you mind sharing the mock paper please? I'd like to see the questions
No, but my teacher made her own mock paper and gave us advanced information for some weird reason. the advanced info was based on her predcitions as to what she thought will appear on the papers in the summer. Also it was Gottesman last year so its bound to be either Rosenhan and/or Szasz this year
Original post by learningnerd
Would you mind sharing the mock paper please? I'd like to see the questions

Yeah sure it’s being marked at the moment and I’m probably going to get it back tomorrow so I’ll send you a picture of it when I get it back.
What grade are you working towards for psych? if you don’t mind me asking
Thankyou so much :smile: I am done with A levels. A med student now doing tutoring for my younger sister. She's a big time nerd lol A* for who
Yeah sure it’s being marked at the moment and I’m probably going to get it back tomorrow so I’ll send you a picture of it when I get it back.
Reply 7
Hi! I think it might be hall and player as well… I’m no teacher but just from looking at the past years options it might be, and I think it’s gonna be on szasz also based on the past years papers.

Im revising for the applied paper by just doing past paper questions! as I’ve covered all the content myself already, I’m a gap year student retaking psychology, as I got AAB I got a B in 2022 and now aiming for an A/A* :h: I blurt as well and have made flashcards on the key facts e.g sample, mean ages etc xxx

Anyone doing sport psychology?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Tinyy7

We do sports psychology and our teacher said he thinks Kroll and Crenshaw and like sports and personality tests will come up because they’ve never asked about that topic in an exam before
Reply 9

If you don't mind, could you possibly send it to me as well please?
Reply 10
Pretty much a month till Research methods guys :s-smilie:
Still dont know the stats tests lol
Hows everyone doing in terms of the core studies papers? Is it just me who struggles with the comparison of debates??
Original post by Tinyy7
Pretty much a month till Research methods guys :s-smilie:
Still dont know the stats tests lol

Watch videos and do practice questions trust me they get much easier to do and remember after watching videos
you got this!!
Reply 13
Hows everyone doing in terms of the core studies papers? Is it just me who struggles with the comparison of debates??

Yes!! I literally thought this yesterday it’s hard comparing the perspectives with areas etc but we got this lol I made a table with sims and diffs
Original post by Tinyy7
Yes!! I literally thought this yesterday it’s hard comparing the perspectives with areas etc but we got this lol I made a table with sims and diffs

did you compare them in regards to different debates so like individual/situational and Freewill/determinism??
If so would you be happy to share that with me please cause im struggling so bad with comparing the perspectives with area
Hello all! I have now made this the official thread for the OCR A Level Psychology: Applied Psychology exam.

:smile: Good luck everyone :smile:
Does anyone have any other predictions for paper 1 or 2?

Did your teacher predict paper1 and paper 2as well?
Hi for the mental health section i reckon its going to be Rosenhan or Szasz. I do Crime and Child Psych and im predicting that its going to be Hall and Player or Wilson and Kelling for crime and then have no clue for Child Psych might be Johnson's impact of advertsiing but idk. What are you predicting? Also how are you revising for the applied paper?
It’s going to be Wilson and Kelling. Crime prevention hasn’t come up before so I just know they’re going to use our year as the scape goat! Revision wise I’m just making sure I know all the content like the back of my hand. Means I can spend less time thinking about what I’m going to write about as the paper has so many long answer questions it’ll be easy to run out of time. Good luck, you’ll be fine. Remember to mention the question within every point you make to ensure you’re actually answering it. It’s such an easy way to get capped and so many people do it!!
Original post by Johnlawersons
Does anyone have any other predictions for paper 1 or 2?

i have a nasty feeling that either sec B/C of paper 2 will be cognitive...i hope it isnt but i just have a hunch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending