The Student Room Group

the answer for OMITTING the fact you are at university and reapply to Medicine

There are many people emailing me asking about the same problems :

"Basically, I have been thinking about reapplying to Medicine while I am studying first year at uni. It is less risky as if I will not get in next year, I still can continue my study. I planned to omit the fact that I am at university. I think universities will not know as the info is confidential between me and UCAS"

The answer is you CAN DO THAT! However, medical schools WILL find out via UCAS, student loan information and CRB check ( when you register at medical school ).
They will know you are at university as when you make another UCAS next year, you MUST declare you are at uni. If you omit the fact, it is a lie and universities can withdraw your offers in September when you do registry at uni. This is because you are using student loans and people in charge have all your education information. It is also be found out when universities do your CRB check. If they have not ben told before, it is a lie about education. Eventually, GMC wil find out everything when you register as a doctor.

Even you have relationships with the medical school they get through every stage, you will not get through GMC. Why would you want to risk your 6 years studying or be asked to leave medical school in the middle of your study or not be registered by GMC?

Also it is very unfair for other reapplicants who take a year out and reapply. Universities will NOT accept any explainations after they find out!
Reply 1
Some universities will allow you reapply to Medicine even you are at uni. However you have to LET THEM KNOW you are at uni
Reply 2
Original post by trananhduy249

"Basically, I have been thinking about reapplying to Medicine while I am studying first year at uni. It is less risky as if I will not get in next year, I still can continue my study. I planned to omit the fact that I am at university. I think universities will not know as the info is confidential between me and UCAS"

The answer is you CAN DO THAT! However, medical schools WILL find out via UCAS, student loan information and CRB check ( when you register at medical school ).
They will know you are at university as when you make another UCAS next year, you MUST declare you are at uni. If you omit the fact, it is a lie and universities can withdraw your offers in September when you do registry at uni. This is because you are using student loans and people in charge have all your education information. It is also be found out when universities do your CRB check. If they have not ben told before, it is a lie about education. Eventually, GMC wil find out everything when you register as a doctor.

Even you have relationships with the medical school they get through every stage, you will not get through GMC. Why would you want to risk your 6 years studying or be asked to leave medical school in the middle of your study or not be registered by GMC?

Also it is very unfair for other reapplicants who take a year out and reapply. Universities will NOT accept any explainations after they find out!

howmuchmoneydotheypayyya?
Reply 3
Original post by richardd
howmuchmoneydotheypayyya?

What do you mean? I created the thread as I have been asking so many times! I think there are a lot of people thinking the the same wrong way!! It would be better if they were warned bedore they risk their studies
Reply 4
Yeah its better to reapply anyway, get some extra experience and maturity under your belt, improve upon your application and it will be worthwhile. Thats what I did. Its always easier said once you are there, I found it hard contemplating reapplying but what I would say is this: If you are dedicated enough to a career in medicine and have the skill and capability of working in the field then eventually you will get into medical school one way or another.

Only reapply if you can improve your application within that year, otherwise it might be good to go into another degree such as biomedical sciences to get some good academics under your belt and apply then. Always look to gain experience along the course and prepare yourself to applying again.

why would it appear on your CRB check?
Reply 6

I agree that if you lie, it's going to come out eventually. And med schools (and GMC) have strict policies about lying.

But how will a CRB check show this? And since when does student finance tell your uni (let alone med school) your student loan history?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending