The Student Room Group

Reapplying to university

Hi all

So I currently study pharmacy and I want to apply to university for next year entry whilst also remaining on the pharmacy course until I get an offer or just in case I change my mind or whatnot. (Kindly don’t make references to the debt as I have it sorted). I was just wondering will universities look down on me for applying whilst I’m 2 weeks into my pharmacy course, I am applying to the likes of UCL and qmul so I was just wondering if this is a normal thing to do.

Many thanks
Reply 1
I suggest you check every uni before applying because I’ve just checked UCl and they will automatically reject you ‘We consider graduates or students in their final year of degree studies who have obtained, or are expected to obtain, at least an upper second-class Honours (2.1) UK degree. Degrees awarded by universities outside the UK are not acceptable. Students should note that we do not consider applications from candidates who have started but not finished their degree.’
Original post by ALEreapp
I suggest you check every uni before applying because I’ve just checked UCl and they will automatically reject you ‘We consider graduates or students in their final year of degree studies who have obtained, or are expected to obtain, at least an upper second-class Honours (2.1) UK degree. Degrees awarded by universities outside the UK are not acceptable. Students should note that we do not consider applications from candidates who have started but not finished their degree.’

It says that for medicine but I’m applying for another course
Original post by ConfusedSapien
Hi all

So I currently study pharmacy and I want to apply to university for next year entry whilst also remaining on the pharmacy course until I get an offer or just in case I change my mind or whatnot. (Kindly don’t make references to the debt as I have it sorted). I was just wondering will universities look down on me for applying whilst I’m 2 weeks into my pharmacy course, I am applying to the likes of UCL and qmul so I was just wondering if this is a normal thing to do.

Many thanks

I understand it is a bit frowned upon to apply so early when wishing to transfer universities, since it gives away the fact that you haven't given your current university a chance, so you should probably apply after this semester finishes (so, December/early January).
Reply 4

Again I would still check. If they are funny about it for one course it’s likely they will be funny across the board and in particular it looks indecisive on your part
Original post by ALEreapp
Again I would still check. If they are funny about it for one course it’s likely they will be funny across the board and in particular it looks indecisive on your part

Medicine is a law unto itself, it never is representative of the standard university practices that might be widely used in other courses.

Still worth checking though.
If it’s for a different subject they will not care.

Just make sure you list it as incomplete study, as they’ll care a lot more about trying to hide it.

Then why are you applying so early?
Reply 8
What subject do you intend to apply for now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending