The Student Room Group

One university offer

1.If I only have one university offer, does it automatically become my firm?
2. Also, if I really don’t want to go to this uni and on results day, If do very well can I go through Clearing to go somewhere else?
3. And if I go through clearing, do I wait for a university to give me a verbal offer before I decline the firm offer?
4.Also if I got rejected from a uni I want to go to after the interview phase, if I get in through clearing to that same uni do I have to do another interview?

Thank you for your help
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Joane.
1.If I only have one university offer, does it automatically become my firm?
2. Also, if I really don’t want to go to this uni and on results day, If do very well can I go through Clearing to go somewhere else?
3. And if I go through clearing, do I wait for a university to give me a verbal offer before I decline the firm offer?
4.Also if I got rejected from a uni I want to go to after the interview phase, if I get in through clearing to that same uni do I have to do another interview?

Thank you for your help

If you don't like your offer, there's no need to accept it. If you decline it, you'll automatically be elligble for UCAS Extra, which will hopefully prevent you relying on Clearing. You can read about it here:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices
Reply 2
On 3. I don't think you can get accepted on the same course and uni combination in UCAS extra or clearing that you were rejected from or you rejected in the same application round. So for exmaple if you applied to Law at Liverpool and got rejected you could only apply to other degrees at Liverpool or Law elsewhere. Also for your one offer if you reject it to go through UCAS extra you can't go back and accept that offer later.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/clearing-and-results-day/results-day/declining-your-firm-place#:~:text=If%20you%20no%20longer%20want,place'%20button%20in%20your%20application.
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/ucas-undergraduate-types-offer#:~:text=An%20unsuccessful%20application%20means%20they,discuss%20the%20reason%20with%20you.
Via Clearing, there's no technical reason you can't be accepted onto a course that previously rejected you.

It's up to the uni if they want to interview again, but most unis won't have time for it.
Reply 4
Sorry for myerror on that - maybe that's only the case in Extra?
Original post by Ne17
Sorry for myerror on that - maybe that's only the case in Extra?

Again, technically there's no reason you couldn't reapply through Extra, but most courses don't drop their requirements at that stage so there wouldn't be any point as you'd more than likely just be rejected again.
Reply 6
Thanks that's really useful to know that I'd got this so wrong
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
Again, technically there's no reason you couldn't reapply through Extra, but most courses don't drop their requirements at that stage so there wouldn't be any point as you'd more than likely just be rejected again.
Though UCAS says: If you add a choice using the Extra service you cannot revert back to your original five choices.
Original post by Ne17
Though UCAS says: If you add a choice using the Extra service you cannot revert back to your original five choices.

I think that's just referring to the fact that any of your original offers are now gone.

I work in admissions and we did used to get previously rejected applicants submitting for the same course again via Extra. It was just a quick rejection from our POV.
Reply 9
I’m applying for medicine so it’s probably not possible to reapply then
If you’re holding an offer for medicine then I would accept it rather than risking being offerless by entering clearing or extra.
Reply 11
Original post by Admit-One
If you’re holding an offer for medicine then I would accept it rather than risking being offerless by entering clearing or extra.
Ok thank you for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending