The Student Room Group

Help Needed on Dissertation Methodology!

Hey there, am about to embark on my Methodology chapter and am having some trouble: all the examples/structure plans I have looked at go into great detail on why they decided to use a questionnaire, or what made them decide on which group they asked etc. but my University has told us not to use interviews in our dissertations!
So what exactly do I write about? How is choosing certain text books and reports etc. going to turn into a detailed methodology? I'm not sure if I'm missing something? Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by LegallyBlonde22
Hey there, am about to embark on my Methodology chapter and am having some trouble: all the examples/structure plans I have looked at go into great detail on why they decided to use a questionnaire, or what made them decide on which group they asked etc. but my University has told us not to use interviews in our dissertations!
So what exactly do I write about? How is choosing certain text books and reports etc. going to turn into a detailed methodology? I'm not sure if I'm missing something? Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:

How did you tackle your question? What models or framework are you using? What's the theoretical underpinning of your subsequent discussion? I imagine that these questions would be relevant when undertaking a 'methodology' chapter.
Do you have to do a methodology chapter? :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending