The Student Room Group

dissertation

I am currently writing my dissertation for my bachelor degree, which will be 10,000 words. I am conducting a content analysis which will take up half of the diss. My literature review section and methodology will be around 4000 words together. Would 45 references suffice?
Original post by lise2002
I am currently writing my dissertation for my bachelor degree, which will be 10,000 words. I am conducting a content analysis which will take up half of the diss. My literature review section and methodology will be around 4000 words together. Would 45 references suffice?

There isn’t a set point of not enough or definitely enough, do you cover all the key background material... your lit review sets the scene for your dissertations questions, it ultimately leads to the questions what have you investigated & why is this important.
Original post by lise2002

Hi there,

45 is a good number and falls within the range of number of references for published journal articles (for engineering journals at least). However, it may be best to check with your supervisor who will be able to provide you with the best advice.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending