The Student Room Group

Dissertation Stress

Hi,

So it's currently the 14th of January and I have not started writing my dissertation yet, it's a primary research dissertation. I also have not created my survey but I have all the questions ready I just need to create it. Of course need to remember writing the literature review, analysis, methodology, etc, which will take time.

In a meeting with my supervisor the other day she mentioned that it might be beneficial to change to a literature review as it would leave me with less stress time wise and I wouldn't have to change my dissertation topic.

However, I don't want all the ethical forms and dissertation proposals go to waste as I have done a fair bit of research on my current topic and it would be a shame to lose the idea of what I had planned to do.

I'm asking what might be the best option to consider. I've always left work fairly late and have gotten by with mainly 2:1's, but I feel like I'd rather not leave a piece this big to the last minute, amongst my other essays as well.

What do you think the best option here is? By the way my dissertation deadline is May 3rd.
Reply 1
Original post by CaptainBoomer13
Hi,

So it's currently the 14th of January and I have not started writing my dissertation yet, it's a primary research dissertation. I also have not created my survey but I have all the questions ready I just need to create it. Of course need to remember writing the literature review, analysis, methodology, etc, which will take time.

In a meeting with my supervisor the other day she mentioned that it might be beneficial to change to a literature review as it would leave me with less stress time wise and I wouldn't have to change my dissertation topic.

However, I don't want all the ethical forms and dissertation proposals go to waste as I have done a fair bit of research on my current topic and it would be a shame to lose the idea of what I had planned to do.

I'm asking what might be the best option to consider. I've always left work fairly late and have gotten by with mainly 2:1's, but I feel like I'd rather not leave a piece this big to the last minute, amongst my other essays as well.

What do you think the best option here is? By the way my dissertation deadline is May 3rd.

I can help you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending