The Student Room Group

Need help with choosing a topic for dissertation

I am entering my third year of studying accounting and finance, and I have chosen to do a dissertation, but I have no idea how to pick a topic. Are there any suggestions on how I should choose a topic?
speak to your lecturer for ideas
Reply 2
Original post by Kutie Karen
speak to your lecturer for ideas

Thanks, I've done that, but they haven't responded. Do you have any other tips?
Original post by RiRi16
Thanks, I've done that, but they haven't responded. Do you have any other tips?

Maybe they are busy. Find a topic that is current and relevant and more importantly interests you. That way it will not be a chore for you to do. Good luck:smile:
Original post by RiRi16
I am entering my third year of studying accounting and finance, and I have chosen to do a dissertation, but I have no idea how to pick a topic. Are there any suggestions on how I should choose a topic?

Personally, I choose to do human resource accounting in my dissertation , and I was really glad to score the highest in our class
Reply 5
Original post by susan philade
Personally, I choose to do human resource accounting in my dissertation , and I was really glad to score the highest in our class

Oh, that sounds interesting! It's really impressive that you scored the highest mark. I was thinking of researching Automation and Accountant Productivity. What do you think?
Original post by RiRi16
Oh, that sounds interesting! It's really impressive that you scored the highest mark. I was thinking of researching Automation and Accountant Productivity. What do you think?

The topic researching Automation and Accountant Productivity, is a good topic to research on. All you need is to follow all rules required while writing a dissertation. A good introduction for your topic, relevant literature review of your topic , research methodology you are to apply, ensuring your data collection section is unbiased ,ensuring you use most appropriate tools for data analysis section , under discussion and findings section ensure that your findings back to your research question and the existing literature, in conclusion section develop a summary of your findings , write the most applicable references either based on APA,MLA ,Chicago or Harvard.
In addition follow other guidelines given by your lecturer and for sure you will have the greatest score in class.
Perhaps we can share more either inbox or via any social media platform your are compatible with. My Instagram user name is susanphiladelphia.
Reply 7
Original post by RiRi16

"A Study on the Financial Risk Management in the Era of Cybersecurity Threats" Can this help
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending