The Student Room Group

BA Fine Art @ Chelsea OR BA Fine Art & History of Art @ Goldsmiths?

I've been offered places at both Chelsea for BA Fine Art and Goldsmiths for BA Fine Art & History of Art, I'm really not sure which one to go to as they are both good art schools. Any help would be great! :smile:
Reply 1
what is the condition for your offer from goldsmiths?
Reply 2
For both i just have to pass the BTEC course I'm currently on.
Reply 3
i just have to get a pass on my BTEC course for Goldsmiths Fine art and Art history too!
i think you should choose goldsmiths, i think there is probably more value for money aswell, as you aren't going to be taught as much on the chelsea course, plus with the goldsmiths course it opens your career prospects up even more! whilst still doing fine art at a internationally renowned university
I've firmed it - will i be seeing you there? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by bichette
i just have to get a pass on my BTEC course for Goldsmiths Fine art and Art history too!
i think you should choose goldsmiths, i think there is probably more value for money aswell, as you aren't going to be taught as much on the chelsea course, plus with the goldsmiths course it opens your career prospects up even more! whilst still doing fine art at a internationally renowned university
I've firmed it - will i be seeing you there? :smile:

Why do they need an overall distinction for UAL foundation :frown:
Hope i will see you there XD
Reply 5
Hey , mega confused also , got excepted at CSM Byam Shaw, Camberwell and Goldsmiths Art and art history, so confused, Leaning towards Goldsmiths but don't want to be swamped with essay work - and also confused as to weather too much art theory can be negative towards realization of work(if you ultimately want to be a practising artist)... thinking way too much into this, any views or thoughts would be much appreciated!
p.s
why are there a lot more girls as opposed to boys on the course?
Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Phia
Hey , mega confused also , got excepted at CSM Byam Shaw, Camberwell and Goldsmiths Art and art history, so confused, Leaning towards Goldsmiths but don't want to be swamped with essay work - and also confused as to weather too much art theory can be negative towards realization of work(if you ultimately want to be a practising artist)... thinking way too much into this, any views or thoughts would be much appreciated!
p.s
Thanks

P.s there are always more girls apparently (there is usually more girls at uni as a whole) apparently they are swayed (if they are deliberating over you) if you are a boy because they have to try and even out the male students because there isn't an even ratio at all)
Reply 7
Can you get into goldsmiths without a foundation degree? Provided that your portfolio is good enough...
Original post by Phia
p.s
Thanks

what did you go for in the end?! any insider info on the goldsmiths course???
did Goldsmiths interview u before offer?

Quick Reply

Latest