The Student Room Group

What do you do on the WeekEnd?

My weekends used to be fun, i used to go shopping with my mum and go out with my friends, but now all i seem to do is revise and try and study.
is it me or do the weekends seem unbearable nowadays?
i actually pretty enjoy school, its good to see my friends and we joke about all the time!!! does anyone actually enjoy going to school?

what im wondering is what other people do in the weekend? and do you look forward to them anymore?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well it means I have no lectures I have to get out of bed for. I got out of bed at three this afternoon when my mum rang. I would have gotten back in bed but I was getting hungry. Since I got up I have spent the whole day on various forums whilst listening to my favourite radio station.
Reply 2
hmmm............
schools alright..... i wouldt say i enjoy it..lol
but i dont think theres anything wrong with enjoying school...:smile::smile:
Reply 3
Unfortunately I have to work 1:4 weekends :mad: .
And if I'm not working I tend to be studying. :mad: :mad: .
But if I get a spare minute I like taking my dogs out for walks, trying out new recipes or just chilling (ie staying in my nightie all day, getting snuggly on the sofa and watching a DVD). :smile:
I get up at about 8 in the morning to milk my goat. saturday morning i work on the farm, and in the afternoon, if possible, i sleep. sunday morning i go to church, and in the afternoon, if possible, i sleep. both evenings i try to sleep... ROFL... but this wknd I have flying homework to do :s-smilie:
it was so nice the last few wknds when the flight school didn't have the textbook for me... but now I have it and have 5 weeks work to do in a week... Humph.
Reply 5
Varies - this weekend has been crap because i've got a load of revision to do. That said, next weekend i'll have nothing to do, so can spend the whole time out with my mates. Swings and rounderbouts......
i stay in bed til as late as possible, put the radio on for a bit, put the tv on and get back into bed
sunday's i do my laundry and one of these days i'm gonna tidy my room
I like to enjoy a refreshing hangover every weekend! Mmm, brisk!
Reply 8
When I was at home I used to work nine hours on saturdays, sometimes go out on friday and saturday nights, and spend sundays sleeping, shopping, on the internet or doing homework. Now I'm at uni, I just tend to sleep the whole weekend. I went out last night, got up about 2pm today, did a bit of my essay, and have generally been messing about on the internet and watching tv. Tomorrow I will probably lie in til about the same time, go to the pub for lunch, and attempt some more of my essay. Really should go to tesco too but I'm too lazy
I too used to love the weekend... going out with friends etc... but now im at college i have to stay in and do coursework all the time, and whenever im not doing cwk, im walking my dogs with my mum. Its just so boring and predictable
Reply 10
OMG I live for the weekends! Does that make me sad? :blushing:

I just stress so much through the week with Uni, that weekends mean 2 days of not being there......yeah I have so much work to do, but I'm not at Uni, so that's enough for me!
There's no escape when you live on campus!
I used to work the whole weekend but - no more job. this is the first weekend away so i went shoppin today and tomorrow i intend to do homework
Reply 13
Now I'm at uni I get up around 12 or 1 or sometimes 2 then I mess around in my flat and do the washing up. Then I'll do my laundry. Then usually i'll go into Cardiff or Ponty with my boyfriend for some shopping or to see a film. Then to the union in the night :biggrin: Sunday I get up at about 1 then get a Sunday paper then maybe do a bit of work then just chill out until its time to go to the pub in the evening :cool:
Reply 14
I have a bit of a lie in on saturday, then work for 8hrs. Then have dinner at 9pm and come on TSR :blush: It's OK now it's xmas and time flies when you're busy. :smile: Sundays, meant to go to church in the mornings, then help out at hospital for 1.5hrs in the afternoons, then do my homework. Don't know what I prefer, weekdays or weekends, they're both ****!!
Reply 15
Drink!
Reply 16
my weekend's are pretty samey: i go out with friends on a friday night usually to a gig or the cinema or something, saturdays i play netball in the morning, my band rehearse in the evening and then we'll go out afterwards, sunday i have a shift in the pub which is always so busy, leaving just enough time to cram some homework in on a sunday night
i sleep in on saturday mornings (watching saturday kitchen :biggrin: i really am the height of cool you know)
have lunch/brunch, spend time with friends or if ive been neglecting my work i have to do some of that (sadly)
then i work saturday nights

sundays i lie in again, watch some tv, work sundays 12-4, do some work in the evenings, sometimes go to mass, watch some more tv or read and listen to music in the evening..sometimes go to the cinema or to a friends..

thats typical, sometimes random things happen etc etc...generally i enjoy the weekends :smile:
Reply 18
Friday i usually just go into town and just hang out in a pub all night - never get totally wasted- saturday i always seem to be fine and i end up getting up around 9 for some reason then i do naff all - literally all day.

Rarely go out on saturday for some reason, people never seem up for it again, Sundays i sleep in to 11/12 then do whatever work needs doings. Mega Fun

And on the Other topic, you have to go to school (well if you don't you can't go too far) and so you may aswell learn to like it - what's wrong with it? Hanging around with mates and learning stuff, it's not like it's stressful until the end of the year but then you have 2 months of.
Well i would like to be outside doing things although that will have to wait untill i start my career training.
I would like to do more outside but not where i live but hopefully when i start my career training i can go travelling. Even if it's just holidays. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending