The Student Room Group

how to be single and happy

I’ve been single for 2 years now and recently started dating and feeling this extreme addiction to want a relationship. Ik that this feeling or mentality won’t get me into a healthy relationship as I’m coming from a sense of desperation. When I say I’m dating I mean I speak to one man at a time and put my time and energy into him because I honestly can’t speak to multiple men at the same time (quality over quantity always and I have a limited amount of energy to give out to a guy I potentially like). This obvs doesn’t work out for me because most of the time the guys I date are speaking to 20 other women or still hung up on there ex which I can’t take because I’m too jealous lol. I just don’t like the feeling that I have no potential or guy that I can go on dates with or speak to or even just hug (extremely touch deprived girl talking here). For people who are used to being single what makes you happy about it or how do you stay comfortable with it until the time comes and you are in a healthy relationship.
Reply 1
Being single does tend to be best if you know you can end it pretty much whenever you choose. There are of course benefits in terms of doing whatever you want and not having to compromise for someone else. There is something very therapeutic about having your own living space. I have in the past really valued the combined benefits of a weekend relationship. There are of course many benefits to a decent relationship, which is why many people want one
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Being single does tend to be best if you know you can end it pretty much whenever you choose. There are of course benefits in terms of doing whatever you want and not having to compromise for someone else. There is something very therapeutic about having your own living space. I have in the past really valued the combined benefits of a weekend relationship. There are of course many benefits to a decent relationship, which is why many people want one

what’s your idea of compromising? Because if you mean I have the chance of casual dating, hooking up, flirting with multiple men none of that is intriguing to me (I just want one man to myself 😔). I completely understand the living space aspect, and ik one day I’ll have to actually live with my man but rn I just want a normal relationship where we just enjoy dates and each others company. What do you mean by a weekend relationship?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
what’s your idea of compromising? Because if you mean I have the chance of casual dating, hooking up, flirting with multiple men none of that is intriguing to me (I just want one man to myself 😔). I completely understand the living space aspect, and ik one day I’ll have to actually live with my man but rn I just want a normal relationship where we just enjoy dates and each others company. What do you mean by a weekend relationship?

The compromises are on things you want to do, not a green light for casual sex within a relationship. There are people though that value being single so they can have casual sex. I have never wanted this, even if I could readily access casual sex. A weekend relationship is one where you live and work some distance apart and commute to be together at the weekends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending