The Student Room Group

Trainee radiographers working weekends

Hi,

I'm trying to find part time job to work whilst studying, I was just wondering if a yr one student would work on a weekend? I'm going to be studying in Bradford

Thanks!
Original post by Ti a
Hi,

I'm trying to find part time job to work whilst studying, I was just wondering if a yr one student would work on a weekend? I'm going to be studying in Bradford

Thanks!

Unfortunately radiographers do work at weekends especially for the accident and emergency departments cases and majority of hospitals are operating a 7 days a week x-rays, CT scans etc to catch up with the backlog and If you are unfortunately rota to work on a weekend then you will have to do it ( you won't be working every weekend ok ) you won't know what your days will be until you are told about the placement you are doing and then you will be told what days you will work.

I would consider finding a part-time job that are flexible enough with medical students due to the unsocial working they have to work.

I have managed to work around things at university studying and placements as a student nurse over the last three years as I was able to go in on my day's of if I happened to be working on placements at weekends.

I'm now just qualified as a nurse.
Best wishes for your coursework.
Reply 2
Thanks very much for your reply it's really helpful.

Can you remember roughly how many weekends you worked each month etc?
I know I need my employer to be flexible just really difficult without a schedule.

Thanks
Original post by Ti a
Thanks very much for your reply it's really helpful.

Can you remember roughly how many weekends you worked each month etc?
I know I need my employer to be flexible just really difficult without a schedule.

Thanks

Hi
You are welcome 🤗

I did one Saturday day shift and then few weeks later I did a Nightshift Sunday night but I did a seven week placement , You may find that you only do one Saturday day shift during your whole placement or again you might never do a weekend but at some point during your course you'll be expected to do those as you'll find that the qualified radiographers only do one weekend in every other month depending on how there shift pattern is.

You can start a retail job on understanding that you don't know what your schedule is when on placement but always ask the employer how flexible they are.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending