The Student Room Group

For Indians and Pakistanis(and brits too if you want to comment)

Scroll to see replies

This will answer all your questions....watch it right to the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAjiiEOzOV8
Reply 161
Original post by masterswapy
This will answer all your questions....watch it right to the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAjiiEOzOV8

LOL. I've seen this before. Awful! Just awful :tongue:

I much prefer the guju spiderman and matrix stuff...
Original post by krish.x
LOL. I've seen this before. Awful! Just awful :tongue:

I much prefer the guju spiderman and matrix stuff...

Haha ya. Ive been told i look liket that guy :P.

This ones pretty funny too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RYq5JyPqmA&feature=related
nope want nothing to do with pakistanis, i've just built a house in india for £340,000 pure Indian Labour!
Reply 164
Original post by masterswapy
Haha ya. Ive been told i look liket that guy :P.

This ones pretty funny too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RYq5JyPqmA&feature=related

DUDEE!! I'm not sure if that's a compliment :/ hahaha

Gujarati Desi Spiderman on the other hand is the way forward! CHOTIIGYUUU.

:tongue:
Reply 165
Original post by Tony_Soprano1
nope want nothing to do with pakistanis, i've just built a house in india for £340,000 pure Indian Labour!

Congratulations to you and your narrow mind.:rolleyes:
Original post by krish.x
Congratulations to you and your narrow mind.:rolleyes:

Pakistanis are the ones with their narrow minds, Psh like we are going to let you people back into India the whole world hates you set for China LOL We dont need your hostile nature in our kind loving country :smile:
Reply 167
Pakistanis are the ones with their narrow minds, Psh like we are going to let you people back into India the whole world hates you set for China LOL We dont need your hostile nature in our kind loving country :smile:

I'm not Pakistani :h:

Not all Pakistanis are narrow minded, just as not all Indians are open minded.

I can give you an example of a prejudiced Indian, spouting patriotism as an excuse for slagging off Pakis and justifying it because 'they would do the same' on TSR's cricket threads right now if I really wanted to. The point is, you'll paint yourself with the same black brush that you paint Pakis with simply because you think you are better. The opinion is completely unfounded. You do not know every Paki on the planet, just as you do not know every Indian. There are let downs and upstanding citizens in both countries.
Original post by krish.x
I'm not Pakistani :h:

Not all Pakistanis are narrow minded, just as not all Indians are open minded.

I can give you an example of a prejudiced Indian, spouting patriotism as an excuse for slagging off Pakis and justifying it because 'they would do the same' right now on TSR's cricket threads right now if I really wanted to. The point is, you'll paint yourself with the same black brush that you paint Pakis with simply because you think you are better. The opinion is completely unfounded. You do not know every Paki on the planet, just as you do not know every Indian. There are let downs and upstanding citizens in both countries.

Listen i dont want terrorists and rapeists and people who go around converting people to the good of Islam in India. End of story. You guys went your own way you failed your not coming back! There is a minority of pakistanis within India and they are great people just the majority are not. Narrow minded view but look at all the places where theres problems highly concentrated with Muslims dumb enough to fight over a sandwhich

EGPYT
LIBYA
SYRIA
AFGHAN
IRAQ
PAKISTAN
ETC ETC
Reply 169
Listen i dont want terrorists and rapeists and people who go around converting people to the good of Islam in India. End of story. You guys went your own way you failed your not coming back! There is a minority of pakistanis within India and they are great people just the majority are not. Narrow minded view but look at all the places where theres problems highly concentrated with Muslims dumb enough to fight over a sandwhich

EGPYT
LIBYA
SYRIA
AFGHAN
IRAQ
PAKISTAN
ETC ETC

I'm not Muslim or Pakistani just in case you missed the memo the first time.:rolleyes:

Arab countries have a lot of unrest, but the majority of it is to do with dictatorial leaders and things. It's not the religion that makes it so. Shariah Law is often just religion twisted to fit those dictators' views. Doesn't make the country or general people bad, though often they lack access to basic rights and education making them seem worse. But the educated few that do exist, aren't all bad. I'm just saying if everyone stopped using the race/ religion as a cover for their dislike//disdain of certain behaviour, the behaviour of those individuals will stop being masked by the shield of 'doing it for religion'.
Original post by krish.x
I'm not Muslim or Pakistani just in case you missed the memo the first time.:rolleyes:

Arab countries have a lot of unrest, but the majority of it is to do with dictatorial leaders and things. It's not the religion that makes it so. Shariah Law is often just religion twisted to fit those dictators' views. Doesn't make the country or general people bad, though often they lack access to basic rights and education making them seem worse. But the educated few that do exist, aren't all bad. I'm just saying if everyone stopped using the race/ religion as a cover for their dislike//disdain of certain behaviour, the behaviour of those individuals will stop being masked by the shield of 'doing it for religion'.

Ok well you obviously dont know what your on about and havnt visited both countries like me. Its like saying lets put Israel and Palestine together again and live happily ever after.
Its not like India Pakistan are going to war anyway its all over India won lets concentrate on development and getting people out of poverty. Pakistans biggest problem is how to defend themselves and not affiliate themselves with Bin laden Indias biggest problem is how to best make use of the 1 trillion Infrastructure budget.

I think your the type of individual who doesnt believe in "countries" i guess you should go join the IMF but dont get raped.
Reply 171
Ok well you obviously dont know what your on about and havnt visited both countries like me. Its like saying lets put Israel and Palestine together again and live happily ever after.
Its not like India Pakistan are going to war anyway its all over India won lets concentrate on development and getting people out of poverty. Pakistans biggest problem is how to defend themselves and not affiliate themselves with Bin laden Indias biggest problem is how to best make use of the 1 trillion Infrastructure budget.

I think your the type of individual who doesnt believe in "countries" i guess you should go join the IMF but dont get raped.

I agree with the idea of letting bygones be bygones and getting over it. I'm not saying reunite Pakistan and India. :s-smilie: There's a lot of bad blood and people holding grudges and that would never work! I know that. I'm not thick. I just don't think you should be slagging off Pakis when you can choose to be indifferent and get on with living your own life...

Sorry, I think we've had a bit of a breakdown in communication. Not sure where you got the idea that I was saying "ERADICATE THE BORDER DAMNIT!"

And there is a difference between the Israel, Palestine idea. Palestine never agreed to give Israel that land. That was the interference of the UN that led to that happening. There was no signed agreement of land allocation unlike with Pakistan and India. I'm not saying Israelis shouldn't have their own land, I'm not gonna get into that debate, I'm just saying the difference lies in the fact that we separated India and Pakistan in the hopes that the countr[y]/ies could restore themselves after brit rule and heal and move forward. Keep the peace so to speak. So why sit there and play this we're better than you game when we can move on and do our own thing and tolerate/be indifferent to one another?

I've been to both countries btw.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 172
Original post by rei dos reis
I think its more to do with power. Noone would have let zinnah or any other major muslim at the time to rule india, zinnah was butthurt and wanted his own country to rule.

Exactly, no-one would've let a muslim rule. Muslims were always considered 'beneath' the Indians. There needed to be a partition for them both to get equal rights - there's a very good reason for the butthurtedness. I would be as well if i didn't get my rights.
Original post by kalaghoda
Don't you think India should never have been partitioned into India and Pakistan? Hindus and Muslims were living together in peace for centuries before the British adopted the 'Divide and Rule' policy and influenced certain Muslim leaders to push for Pakistan.

Eh?

That may have been the case under Akbar the Great, but later emperors like Aurangzeb were incredibly intolerant towards Hinduism and Sikhism.

Aurangzeb wasn't pressed into this intolerance.

He introduced Islamic Law, banned music, destroyed Hindu temples and persecuted Sikhs.
Reply 174
I just had a read through all the posts in this topic today and I feel sick. There is sooo much hatred between Hindus and Muslims, Indians and Pakistanis really.
I hate religion. We are all human FFS. Why is there so much hatred and distrust between people on the basis of religion?
Also, Indian Muslims are NOT oppressed. I have loads of Muslim friends, we all get along fine(I live in India). There are a few idiotic politicians like Narendra Modi who try to incite Hindu-Muslim hatred but apart from that, the majority of them get along.
Why can't we all just get along? Who the **** cares about religion? I mean, a lot of people apparently do, but WHY?
Original post by krish.x
I agree with the idea of letting bygones be bygones and getting over it. I'm not saying reunite Pakistan and India. :s-smilie: There's a lot of bad blood and people holding grudges and that would never work! I know that. I'm not thick. I just don't think you should be slagging off Pakis when you can choose to be indifferent and get on with living your own life...

Sorry, I think we've had a bit of a breakdown in communication. Not sure where you got the idea that I was saying "ERADICATE THE BORDER DAMNIT!"

And there is a difference between the Israel, Palestine idea. Palestine never agreed to give Israel that land. That was the interference of the UN that led to that happening. There was no signed agreement of land allocation unlike with Pakistan and India. I'm not saying Israelis shouldn't have their own land, I'm not gonna get into that debate, I'm just saying the difference lies in the fact that we separated India and Pakistan in the hopes that the countr[y]/ies could restore themselves after brit rule and heal and move forward. Keep the peace so to speak. So why sit there and play this we're better than you game when we can move on and do our own thing and tolerate/be indifferent to one another?

I've been to both countries btw.

hold grudges? we live in capitalism here in the UK where people look at others based on what they have and peoples only concern is directly them and direct family. Now any issue many years ago just adds to that anger.
And some of these people you cannot call people on both sides they are animals they hang together and prey on the weak individual. Eventually that weak individual stands up and fights back and we lead to further hate.

You obviously seem to live in an area with highly uneducated individuals and a disproportional amount of each side.
Original post by kalaghoda
I just had a read through all the posts in this topic today and I feel sick. There is sooo much hatred between Hindus and Muslims, Indians and Pakistanis really.
I hate religion. We are all human FFS. Why is there so much hatred and distrust between people on the basis of religion?
Also, Indian Muslims are NOT oppressed. I have loads of Muslim friends, we all get along fine(I live in India). There are a few idiotic politicians like Narendra Modi who try to incite Hindu-Muslim hatred but apart from that, the majority of them get along.
Why can't we all just get along? Who the **** cares about religion? I mean, a lot of people apparently do, but WHY?

I once worked at a warehouse full of muslim guys, they gave me the poor jobs such as cleaning and doing crappy stuff. I took their abuse because i knew they were only human beings. They wouldnt even eat with me at lunch times. However after 12 weeks they realised i was a nice guy and now we are all great friends i think people need to realise we are all human beings. I for one have dealt with this issue, people need to stop being so petty and get on with life and find true happiness. I think education is the key and respect other peoples decisions. But some aspects of Islam do not allow them to respect other non believers and this is where the key problem lies.
Reply 177
hold grudges? we live in capitalism here in the UK where people look at others based on what they have and peoples only concern is directly them and direct family. Now any issue many years ago just adds to that anger.
And some of these people you cannot call people on both sides they are animals they hang together and prey on the weak individual. Eventually that weak individual stands up and fights back and we lead to further hate.

You obviously seem to live in an area with highly uneducated individuals and a disproportional amount of each side.

I don't even know what to say in response to your pessimism with regards to the first two paragraphs. Capitalism has its flaws sure, as does any other system, but there are benefit systems etc. I don't understand how that's related to being against an entire race in any way.
EDIT: I think what you meant by hold grudges is why would people do so. What I was saying is how ignorant people will just throw comments like 'I want nothing to do with Pakis"or 'Get lost Paki' which seems to happen with some ignorant fools even in this country.

EDIT 2: I have seen this around, but I also know a lot of tolerant, well educated people. It's not something I see often, but something I've seen often enough to annoy me. Especially the casual way in which people make those comments at times. What I'm saying is on either side there is a minority of individuals that ruin it for the majority and then people paint each other with these stereotypes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by krish.x
I don't even know what to say in response to your pessimism with regards to the first two paragraphs. Capitalism has its flaws sure, as does any other system, but there are benefit systems etc. I don't understand how that's related to being against an entire race in any way.

I don't need to justify myself to you, but the assumptions in the statement in bold astonish me. Explain how you drew such conclusions please, because I am completely baffled. I fail to understand how my economic status and the level of my education makes me any lesser than a person that is narrowminded enough to throw racial prejudice into casual phrases though.

Just fyi though, my background is that of an affluent individual and my education, according to national statistics is pretty topnotch. Just throwing that out there.

you have no great understanding i can see that from your reply i cant even have an educated conversation with you. I would be just educating you on the whole matter im just going to carry on with my life. You want to stop hatred between Indians and Muslims and what not thats great you have no clear plan or great understanding how humans feel,react,do what they do. Your a bewildered bystander.
Reply 179
you have no great understanding i can see that from your reply i cant even have an educated conversation with you. I would be just educating you on the whole matter im just going to carry on with my life. You want to stop hatred between Indians and Muslims and what not thats great you have no clear plan or great understanding how humans feel,react,do what they do. Your a bewildered bystander.

I just reedited my above post... I read it in the wrong light originally and realised after posting. I thought you were attacking my personal education (which you have just done so in this post lol) and didn't realise you were assuming I've seen nothing but ignorant, racial negativity.

Also Indians and Muslims aren't mutually exclusive :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending