Learning to love my culture

Watch
Ahjjjkkk
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 hours ago
I’m pretty sure I chose the wrong forum soz. When I was younger I used to be so embarrassed of where my heritage originated from, both my parents were immigrants (my dad came first I think he’s been here for approx 40years). Basically I’m first gen and everyone I knew in secondary had been 2nd gen or more. I always felt inferior to them I have no idea why I had such a complex, I’d internally pretend I was a different ethnicity (I would always say where I’m from id never lie, I was never the person to lie about where I’m from, I could name a few people who do and it’s embarrassing. But internally I’d always wish I was something else). Now I love to embrace my culture I absolutely love being Indian it’s the best thing ever. Also when I was younger I’d always go india it was kind of routine but I haven’t been for 7 years now and now that I’m so obsessed with the culture I’m so eager to go but covid :/ my favourite YouTubers are indian the songs are amazing (inc Pakistani songs) and I feel so much happier, it was a major growth moment ngl. Moral of the story ig is accept who you are you’ll flourish in very bored so I typed this long thing, have a nice day if you’ve made it this far.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 hours ago
(Original post by Ahjjjkkk)
I’m pretty sure I chose the wrong forum soz. When I was younger I used to be so embarrassed of where my heritage originated from, both my parents were immigrants (my dad came first I think he’s been here for approx 40years). Basically I’m first gen and everyone I knew in secondary had been 2nd gen or more. I always felt inferior to them I have no idea why I had such a complex, I’d internally pretend I was a different ethnicity (I would always say where I’m from id never lie, I was never the person to lie about where I’m from, I could name a few people who do and it’s embarrassing. But internally I’d always wish I was something else). Now I love to embrace my culture I absolutely love being Indian it’s the best thing ever. Also when I was younger I’d always go india it was kind of routine but I haven’t been for 7 years now and now that I’m so obsessed with the culture I’m so eager to go but covid :/ my favourite YouTubers are indian the songs are amazing (inc Pakistani songs) and I feel so much happier, it was a major growth moment ngl. Moral of the story ig is accept who you are you’ll flourish in very bored so I typed this long thing, have a nice day if you’ve made it this far.
Hi there, I've moved your thread to the Chat forum, as it doesn't quite fit into any of the specific forums and is a nice and light hearted topic to chat about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (46)
12.23%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (7)
1.86%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (94)
25%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (34)
9.04%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (181)
48.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise