The Student Room Group

Learning to love my culture

I’m pretty sure I chose the wrong forum soz. When I was younger I used to be so embarrassed of where my heritage originated from, both my parents were immigrants (my dad came first I think he’s been here for approx 40years). Basically I’m first gen and everyone I knew in secondary had been 2nd gen or more. I always felt inferior to them I have no idea why I had such a complex, I’d internally pretend I was a different ethnicity (I would always say where I’m from id never lie, I was never the person to lie about where I’m from, I could name a few people who do and it’s embarrassing. But internally I’d always wish I was something else). Now I love to embrace my culture I absolutely love being Indian it’s the best thing ever. Also when I was younger I’d always go india it was kind of routine but I haven’t been for 7 years now and now that I’m so obsessed with the culture I’m so eager to go but covid :/ my favourite YouTubers are indian the songs are amazing (inc Pakistani songs) and I feel so much happier, it was a major growth moment ngl. Moral of the story ig is accept who you are you’ll flourish :smile: in very bored so I typed this long thing, have a nice day if you’ve made it this far.
Original post by Ahjjjkkk
I’m pretty sure I chose the wrong forum soz. When I was younger I used to be so embarrassed of where my heritage originated from, both my parents were immigrants (my dad came first I think he’s been here for approx 40years). Basically I’m first gen and everyone I knew in secondary had been 2nd gen or more. I always felt inferior to them I have no idea why I had such a complex, I’d internally pretend I was a different ethnicity (I would always say where I’m from id never lie, I was never the person to lie about where I’m from, I could name a few people who do and it’s embarrassing. But internally I’d always wish I was something else). Now I love to embrace my culture I absolutely love being Indian it’s the best thing ever. Also when I was younger I’d always go india it was kind of routine but I haven’t been for 7 years now and now that I’m so obsessed with the culture I’m so eager to go but covid :/ my favourite YouTubers are indian the songs are amazing (inc Pakistani songs) and I feel so much happier, it was a major growth moment ngl. Moral of the story ig is accept who you are you’ll flourish :smile: in very bored so I typed this long thing, have a nice day if you’ve made it this far.

Hi there, I've moved your thread to the Chat forum, as it doesn't quite fit into any of the specific forums and is a nice and light hearted topic to chat about :biggrin:
This forum is biased and doesn’t represent the views of the real world. In the real world, people view Pakistanis/Indians and all related as… well not very favourably. Now I would say a lot more but I’d get banned because apparently, free speech only exists when it fits the agenda. That’s why you don’t see people saying bad things about them on here and thus the idiots on here are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Quick Reply

Latest