The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 Chemistry Practical 19th May

hey was just wondering if anybody did this exam today or did the one on tuesday? i thought it was terrible.......

Scroll to see replies

I done it and also thought it was terrible... What u plan on doing at uni? What grade u get in AS?
Reply 2
Original post by Hellothere!!
I done it and also thought it was terrible... What u plan on doing at uni? What grade u get in AS?

i am hoping for pharmacy, got an A at AS need the same at A2.

can i ask what u got for the organic compound? what about you?

thanks for replying :smile:
Reply 3
Glycine and cobalt chloride. Though I did mine on tuesday. That probably makes a difference. Though what Was your planning question like. Mine was awful. Na2o2. And the first question. N=5. Yes?
Reply 4
Hi! I also did this practical on tuesday, thought the observation/deduction exercise was fine and titration went well too, only i think i went a bit wrong on the calc of n, hoping to pick up some marks though for follow through? :smile: fingers crossedd..

the planning exercise could have been better, slightly confusing in places :s-smilie: does anyone remember what they got for any of it?

p.s. becky2010 I am hoping to do pharmacy too! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by x_Lindsay_x
Hi! I also did this practical on tuesday, thought the observation/deduction exercise was fine and titration went well too, only i think i went a bit wrong on the calc of n, hoping to pick up some marks though for follow through? :smile: fingers crossedd..

the planning exercise could have been better, slightly confusing in places :s-smilie: does anyone remember what they got for any of it?

p.s. becky2010 I am hoping to do pharmacy too! :smile:

the planning bit was shocking well I thought it was so i'm trying to forget it lol hopefully the grade boundaries are lower as lots of ppl have said they also found it difficult. Where are u hoping to study pharmacy?
Original post by becky2010

waheyy im planning on doing pharmacy too, what unis you applying to?
Reply 7
Original post by Mitch93
Glycine and cobalt chloride. Though I did mine on tuesday. That probably makes a difference. Though what Was your planning question like. Mine was awful. Na2o2. And the first question. N=5. Yes?

I got nickel chloride and glycine from the thurs practical. I'm surprised they put cobalt on two years in a row though
Reply 8
Original post by James A
waheyy im planning on doing pharmacy too, what unis you applying to?

Firm is queens insurance is ulster what about you?
Firm is queens insurance is ulster what about you?

im in year 12 atm, but im looking at huddersfield, east anglia, reading, portsmouth , brighton

im doing chemistry, maths , biology and physics ( im gonna drop physics for a2 definetlly)
the planning bit was shocking well I thought it was so i'm trying to forget it lol hopefully the grade boundaries are lower as lots of ppl have said they also found it difficult. Where are u hoping to study pharmacy?

emm i want to go to queens hopefulllly :smile: i put down queens firm, and coleraine (ulster) as my insurance :smile::smile:
Reply 11
same here we might be in the same class lol
Reply 12
emm i want to go to queens hopefulllly :smile: i put down queens firm, and coleraine (ulster) as my insurance :smile::smile:

see above comment i forgot to quote you
same here we might be in the same class lol

haha we might! we need AAB, so i am aiming for AAA but i think chemistry is quite hard this year so i'm glad i have allowance for one B if i should slip up at all :smile:

how are you point wise in each subject towards getting the grades?:smile:
Reply 14
haha we might! we need AAB, so i am aiming for AAA but i think chemistry is quite hard this year so i'm glad i have allowance for one B if i should slip up at all :smile:

how are you point wise in each subject towards getting the grades?:smile:

hmmm would prob need to hoke out results but remember i did really well in AS bio and chem but need to pull maths up a right bit as i got a B just about lol

are you on target?
hmmm would prob need to hoke out results but remember i did really well in AS bio and chem but need to pull maths up a right bit as i got a B just about lol

are you on target?

i think&hope so, haha got A's at AS too so just need to work hard to keep it up, i just really hope module 4/5 chem aren't too hard! :s-smilie: oh and C4!

I to am doing pharmacy! Uni? I got nickel 2 chloride and glycone as organic... There was a triplet on Nmr see so couldnt be alanine? Am i right? I hate Nmr...
Reply 17
Original post by Hellothere!!
I to am doing pharmacy! Uni? I got nickel 2 chloride and glycone as organic... There was a triplet on Nmr see so couldnt be alanine? Am i right? I hate Nmr...

Omg we could all be in the same class lol yea I put nickel 2 chloride and glycine to be honest I didn't take much notice of the NMR info as I don't understand it lol

Did you do module 4 today?
Omg we could all be in the same class lol yea I put nickel 2 chloride and glycine to be honest I didn't take much notice of the NMR info as I don't understand it lol

Yep done module 4 today what you think? I hope to study pharm at QUB also...

oh my goodness yes, what did you think of it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending