The Student Room Group

Alevel Chemistry

Is is actually as difficult as people say?
Reply 1
I take chemistry and I really enjoy it, I don't think that it's too difficult! I think that if you're really interested in the subject and you enjoy it, then you're more likely to do well in it.
Reply 2
If this doesn’t interest you then it’s difficult otherwise is not
Reply 3
Original post by ManUtd_21
I take chemistry and I really enjoy it, I don't think that it's too difficult! I think that if you're really interested in the subject and you enjoy it, then you're more likely to do well in it.

Thank you!
Original post by emily14x
Is is actually as difficult as people say?

Hi @emily14x,

From my experience, I chose chemistry as one of my A-Levels not because I particularly enjoyed it, but more because it would better secure my course options for university. I went into AS hating chemistry and dreading every class I attended. I definitely did find it difficult to manage within the first year, especially because it was more inorganic chemistry that included more calculations which I was not very good at. However, calculations are skill-based so with sufficient and consistent practice, I eventually got better.

Chemistry became a lot more fun in A2 for me as the content was a lot more toward organic chemistry, which I had a lot more fun doing. Overall, I eventually grew to love chemistry despite loathing it initially in the first year. I think the subject has so much depth to it, it's difficult to hate the entire subject has a whole. While there will be a few topics you will find hard to wrap your head around, on the other hand, there will also be topics you can manage and may even like to do.

Hope you find this useful,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest